Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    It makes me wonder if you pissed yourself and still harbor anger over the embarrassment.
    If I pissed myself, why I would I use the McDonald's bathroom? There's no logic to what you're saying.

I guess I am an old-timer when I tell you that I recall when Detroit had a couple of underground men's restrooms. I believe I refer to the late 40's. One was down at Woodwatd and Michigan Ave. I recall that singer Johnny Ray was arrested there on a solicitation charge which made the local papers. Gotta admit I am taxing the memory, but still believe I am correct. Another might have been at E. Grand Blvd. at Woodward. Maybe one of you Detroit historians can shed some light on the subject.

Did this thread seriously get 122 posts?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Did this thread seriously get 122 posts?
    No. At least 124.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    No. At least 124.
    I get 125.

As a public service, I will summarize this important thread --get right to the straight poop! There seems to be a lack of bathrooms and hygiene in Midtown/Cass Corridor on Woodward from Warren south to downtown. The two solutions mentioned would be: [[A) The city creates some sort of public restroom that they maintain and keep clean, of which we saw one unusual European solution which looked like a waist high walk in garbage can, [[B) Egg timers in the bathrooms of existing businesses, set to 5 or 10 minutes, with the Poop Police monitoring and barging in should the Crap Curfew be ignored.

Plan B would burn up a lot of employee time. It would be ideal to automate it more fully. I might suggest an electric voltage discharged from all wet surfaces after 10 minutes. Nothing like a Tesla coil spark to the ... cough to get you going.
    Last edited by RickBeall; April-01-13 at 09:54 AM.

Anyone who hasn't seen piss puddles in Midtown is WRONG! Anyone who has experienced locked bathrooms in other cities is WRONG! Everyone in this thread but davewindsor is WRONG WRONG WRONG, can't you all see??

138 posts about pee. I'm going to start a new thread about poop. I'll call it "Midtown Is A Cesspool, #2".
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-01-13 at 10:18 AM.

I am OUTRAGED that during my sub-1-mile walk, people were not constantly asking me if I needed to urinate or pointing me towards restrooms. OUTRAGED.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I am OUTRAGED that during my sub-1-mile walk, people were not constantly asking me if I needed to urinate or pointing me towards restrooms. OUTRAGED.
    Don't walk with your knees together!

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Why would people constantly point you towards a restroom? Did you piss yourself so bad that when you were walking a trail of pee followed you?

it's too bad the guy who said he's done with DetroitYes because everybody's pathetic isn't around to see this sterling thread!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    it's too bad the guy who said he's done with DetroitYes because everybody's pathetic isn't around to see this sterling thread!
    I'd have to say yes, and no to that.

urine a deep hole, that you dug yourself, dave.

So Dave indirectly you're telling us that in Windsor they actually allow us to poop and pee inside? I've been using your alleys for no reason?

That guy from Facebook should start something like a Facepee or McDump, so that for a dollar, you could go relieve yourself in a chemtoilet next to businesses on a busy street. Something to think about after reading this 181st post on the matter of urinary tractations.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I called 311 and the city had the alley powerwashed a few hours later. Problem solved. No joke?!?!?
    That's what happens when city services are managed by robots instead of people. They don't take sick days or vacations, ask for pay raises or retirements. They take phone or text message complaints, arrange them in the cheapest, fastest, most efficient services routes and dispatch a crew. When it's done, the city will either mail or text you back that the work was done. Alderman are on the hook. Each complaint unfilled could possibly be a lost vote.

This is what, somewhere around 184 posts. Wolverine, get out while you can. This appears to be a sewer with no drain. It keeps backing up.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    This is what, somewhere around 184 posts. Wolverine, get out while you can. This appears to be a sewer with no drain. It keeps backing up.
    Probably shouldn't have let it run this long, but today's article showed how important some places treat the issue. In Chicago, failure to pay the $500 fine for public urination will double it to $1000 plus jail time. It also appears the city will begin stronger efforts against drinking in public which has over the years become quite relaxed in enforcement. At the very worst, police would require that person to pour the beverage out and carry on.

Also didn't realize that the city can fine parents if their kids violate ordinance.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6090030.story
    Last edited by wolverine; April-05-13 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    It also appears the city will begin stronger efforts against drinking in public which has over the years become quite relaxed in enforcement.
    LOL good luck. Sucks if true. People smoke joints in public with impunity; we'll see if they can rope the drinking in.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Probably shouldn't have let it run this long, but today's article showed how important some places treat the issue. In Chicago, failure to pay the $500 fine for public urination will double it to $1000 plus jail time. It also appears the city will begin stronger efforts against drinking in public which has over the years become quite relaxed in enforcement. At the very worst, police would require that person to pour the beverage out and carry on.

Also didn't realize that the city can fine parents if their kids violate ordinance.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6090030.story
    The sad thing about doubling the fines for public urination is that the $500 fines don't work, which is why they have to double it when locking the washrooms is the reason those areas in Chicago where McDonald's locks their washrooms are cesspools. You are living in a neighbourhood in Chicago that's an even bigger cesspool than midtown Detroit since the midtown McDonald's didn't even lock their washroom.
    Last edited by davewindsor; April-09-13 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    The sad thing about doubling the fines for public urination is that the $500 fines don't work, which is why they have to double it when locking the washrooms is the reason those areas in Chicago where McDonald's locks their washrooms are cesspools. You are living in a neighbourhood in Chicago that's an even bigger cesspool than midtown Detroit since the midtown McDonald's didn't even lock their washroom.
    Thanks for reminding me why drinking during the day is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Thanks for reminding me why drinking during the day is a bad thing.

Yeah, you can almost read the hiccups as subtext cant you?

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    since the midtown McDonald's didn't even lock their washroom.
    So you DID end up finding a place to pee? Good! thread over, let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    So you DID end up finding a place to pee? Good! thread over, let's move on.
    right! didn't even have to start the thread in the first place. And if its so common to see piss on the streets of midtown, why not join the party I'd love to see WSU police in action lmao

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast