Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

This is almost like that Bowling for Columbine scene where Michael Moore walks up to a bunch of single-family homes in Canada and all their front doors are unlocked!

There's no place on earth I go about with my front doors unlocked...

Quote Originally Posted by michimoby View Post
    This is almost like that Bowling for Columbine scene where Michael Moore walks up to a bunch of single-family homes in Canada and all their front doors are unlocked!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's a myth. Unless you're talking about large farm tracts in the county. But, I'm sure that the case in many agricultural towns and villages in Michigan too.

What's a myth? Ones personal choice? ... I was simply stating the 'I' would not live any where without locking my doors. i understand that there are places were people don't lock there doors.

On the other hand in 'safer' areas you don't have to live like you are in prison with bars and bob-wire. I do not desire to live that way either.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    That's a myth. Unless you're talking about large farm tracts in the county. But, I'm sure that the case in many agricultural towns and villages in Michigan too.

What's a myth? Ones personal choice? ... I was simply stating the 'I' would not live any where without locking my doors. i understand that there are places were people don't lock there doors.

On the other hand in 'safer' areas you don't have to live like you are in prison with bars and bob-wire. I do not desire to live that way either.
    No, I was responding to the Bowling for Columbine comment about single family homes, but it got cut off. Canadians in the city don't leave their front doors unlocked. The myth is that they do. Property crime in the city is quite bad on this side of the river with plenty of crack heads doing B&Es to feed their habit. The closer to the river, the worse it gets.

When we lived in Detroit, we always locked our doors though burglary was practically non-existent there in northeast Detroit [[Harper and Whittier).

When we moved to Rochester in 1954, most people there [[particularly outside of the village) left their doors unlocked for the kids coming home from school if they had to run to the store. It was no big deal in those days. In the 1960s, the situation steadily deteriorated.

Here I sit broken hearted, paid to pee and only farted!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    When we lived in Detroit, we always locked our doors though burglary was practically non-existent.
    Were you afraid someone would come in and pee in your bathroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Were you afraid someone would come in and pee in your bathroom?
    Nope, just keeping honest people honest. We usually didn't lock the doors if we were home, just when we went out. Most families were that way so that the kids could come and go. I was sixteen before I had a house key.

Store entrances have smelly fresh puddles of pee in front of them. It's unsanitary. It's a cesspool.
    I walk from Wayne State Univ. to Downtown almost 3 days a week, I have in 3 years only witnessed, maybe one or two instances of these 'puddles' you talk about. Next time, Check out the Detroit Public Library, Any of Wayne State's Buildings, or even YOBS grocer has a restroom you can use, just ask for the key.

Quote Originally Posted by French777 View Post
    I walk from Wayne State Univ. to Downtown almost 3 days a week, I have in 3 years only witnessed, maybe one or two instances of these 'puddles' you talk about. Next time, Check out the Detroit Public Library, Any of Wayne State's Buildings, or even YOBS grocer has a restroom you can use, just ask for the key.
    When I used to travel to NYC or Chicago for business, the shop keeps always hosed down their front sidewalks daily [[sometimes twice)....they also, because of the trash pick-up there [[NYC anyway) put out their garbage every night and it would be gone by morning.....every day. Much cleaner there. It's really not that hard to keep your business clean. There really are many more bums here in Detroit, just hanging around and begging, seemingly just waiting for SOMETHING to happen. While I realize having the indigents 'camping out' in the public bathrooms within these businesses is no easy fix, it is possible to rectify this problem, but I don't think that corridor of long established smaller businesses really care whether some casual tourist, out for a stroll and not really interested in purchasing their product or eating in their restaurant, needs to go "Pee". I feel 'ya on this though, they SHOULD care. They want Detroit to 'come back'.....they just don't to be humane about it. All they have to do is monitor their premises. It's like in that movie 'To Sir, With Love'....if you treat people with dignity and respect, and are courteous to all, and consider them 'worthy' of a humane existence.....maybe that'll rub off onto them and they'll become more human-like. Next time utilize a 'sport bag'.

Why bother visiting midtown? It's a cesspool.
    Because there are lots of things to do......

where is your link that proves Cass Corridor is a "cesspool"?

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    Just walk down Woodward look at the pee puddles and smell the fresh pee from 8 feet away.

Just walk down Woodward look at the pee puddles and smell the fresh pee from 8 feet away.
    Either you have the nose of a drug dog or you are prone to exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Either you have the nose of a drug dog or you are prone to exaggeration.
    Well, I guess your nose has gotten used to it.

Anyone who CAN'T smell fresh pee from 8 feet away needs their nose examined!

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    Because there are lots of things to do......

Cass Corridor is only a small part of Midtown.

wear a diaper next time.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    wear a diaper next time.
    Or just pee in front of a storefront like everyone else. Nice area to live in, yo

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    wear a diaper next time.
    dont you just feel the love ?

When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went.

On some recent visits to Detroit, I have noticed that strong smell of stale urine. It's something you'd come to expect considering the large amount of abandoned buildings, a homeless population, and businesses that don't want their washrooms vandalized or left a mess. I can't blame them.

Usually, I've just asked for a key or bought something cheap. Operating a restroom is an expense, so it's understandable a business would want you to reciprocate And that doesn't mean you have to buy a whole meal , just something cheap.

Anyway it would be nice to see those public toilet stations that I've seen in SF and Atlanta. They are full ADA accessible toilet rooms that are cleaned after every user. They have a time limit too. You can request more time, but if you take too long the cleaning mechanisms will turn on and you'll get doused with soapy water.

I went to Windsor once and all the people were covered in oozing sores. Windsor is infected.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I went to Windsor once and all the people were covered in oozing sores. Windsor is infected.
    WTF? Are you high or something?

WTF? Are you high or something?
    Your original post is so crazy, I thought I was high when I first read it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast