Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Urine was used to whiten teeth in Ancient Rome.

Euuuuuwwwww!

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    You realize it's a common colloquialism that was used humorously in the context of this thread, correct?

Yikes.
    It's not common colloquialism to me or people I normally associate with. It's common colloquialism to that small group of people who eat pee with food. That's about it.

It's not normal humour that most people relate to. It's a sicko mind relating to their personal experience of eating pee with food, so in a conversation it's the first thing you think of, which is indicative of someone obsessed with the idea of eating pee with food. You have an eating pee food fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Urine was used to whiten teeth in Ancient Rome.

Euuuuuwwwww!
    It sounds gross, but from what I heard, it was mixed with pumice [[which is volcanic rock) to make a toothpaste. Pumice is also used to filter water. It wasn't pure urine. Just like drycleaning togas white--they mixed urine with other ingredients. Astronauts also drink their own filtered urine. Tap water is also filtered urine.

Also, just because the Romans did it, doesn't make it civilized. There are a lot of Roman traditions we don't practice today either like feeding live prisoners to lions or even slavery.

Midtown Woodward is a Big Gulp Cesspool.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post

Also, just because the Romans did it, doesn't make it civilized. There are a lot of Roman traditions we don't practice today either like feeding live prisoners to lions or even slavery.
    Actually, there are a number of Roman traditions we do practice today. We don't consider them the same, but they exist. Aside from the two you mentioned, I would also include the lack of maintaining infrastructure.

I can't believe I'm responding to this thread. I can't even believe I'm clicking on it to see what's still being regurgitated. This is a sad, low point in my life.

Aw come on old guy... it can't get any sadder and lower... or can it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6snVyK6gQCE

I wonder if the guy in the article was swimming from Windsor to Detroit because [[1) he couldn't find a place to pee in Windsor, or [[2) he wanted to pee on a building in Detroit because we're already a cesspool ;-)

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

P.S. The hilarity of this thread has caused me to return after being absent/lurking on this DYes.

I drank too much water today. I need to take a DaveinWindsor

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    That sounds very gay, JT1.

There should be more places to relieve oneself

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    That would be a DaveinWisser

it's not common colloquialism to me or people i normally associate with. It's common colloquialism to that small group of people who eat pee with food. That's about it.

It's not normal humour that most people relate to. It's a sicko mind relating to their personal experience of eating pee with food, so in a conversation it's the first thing you think of, which is indicative of someone obsessed with the idea of eating pee with food. You have an eating pee food fetish.
    Troll Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Troll Alert!
    Takes one to know one.

We should all sit down to a bowl of pea soup and settle this in a civil way.

Originally Posted by jt1

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    That would be a DaveinWisser
    Ok fine. Since you and JT1 want can't stop talking about wanting to "take" a wonderful DaveinWindsor, I'll give in. You can "take" some. The two of you can get on your knees. Open real wide and I'll just close my eyes and think of Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne. And you can keep the pearl necklace as a souvenir.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    We should all sit down to a bowl of pea soup and settle this in a civil way.
    You can sit down, I'll be the one standing. Did you also want a pearl necklace?

You can sit down, I'll be the one standing. Did you also want a pearl necklace?

I think things are worse in Saginaw in the "P" department;

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/25/siobha...ve-tv-3898083/

Takes one to know one.
    "I know you are, but what am I?"

I was in Midtown wednesday to take care of some business. Number one, I didnt see any pee puddles on the street. As I wizzed down the street though, the sun shown through the sprinkler spray made what looked like a beautiful golden shower. As my eyes tinkled to get a better look, a passerby piddling down the street yelled to me: "your-rin the wrong lane!!"

Sorry, now I have to go......
    Last edited by roadking; July-26-13 at 10:14 AM.

This thread is a joke. Shut it down.

"Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink" - Charles Bukowski
    271 posts! Pretty epic joke here...

Oozing Sores is a great name for a band.
    Perfect! I'm getting the band back together now! lol.
    Last edited by sycloneman; July-30-13 at 02:31 PM.

I barfed in Midtown once, does that count?

Link to the continuation of this thread: http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...enter-problems

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    I barfed in Midtown once, does that count?

Thanx for doing your part.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast