Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Nope, just keeping honest people honest. We usually didn't lock the doors if we were home, just when we went out. Most families were that way so that the kids could come and go. I was sixteen before I had a house key.
    I think we had the same parents.

Hi all. lurking for years. But I have to tell ya, I have lived in several large Canadian cities from East to West and you had damn well better lock your doors. Nobody I know leaves their doors unlocked, even in the daytime.

Knock, knock

Who's there?

Sonia

Sonia who?

Piss Sonia

Quote Originally Posted by detroit12 View Post
    wow says the person who waited months to reply...yea fucking idiot you are
    Those two curse words required a lot of brain power, didn't it? Fall on your head much as a child? Knock knock. Anybody home? You're not even worth my spit.

... and I picked this thread to start my fabulous experience on DetroitYes. davewindsor, I live in Edmonton Alberta. Every chain restaurant and gas station within thirty miles of downtown has locked or buzz-in bathrooms. Junkies, homeless, idiots & maniacs are the reason, and it's been that way for years, even in much of Ontario, where I'm from.

Quote Originally Posted by ABSOLUT_SS View Post
    ... and I picked this thread to start my fabulous experience on DetroitYes. davewindsor, I live in Edmonton Alberta. Every chain restaurant and gas station within thirty miles of downtown has locked or buzz-in bathrooms. Junkies, homeless, idiots & maniacs are the reason, and it's been that way for years, even in much of Ontario, where I'm from.
    What?! In the cities I've been to along the 401 in Ontario, I can't even recall a time that i've had that problem in major chains like Subway, Starbucks or McDonald's. Which McDonald's, Starbucks or Subway in Ontario had their bathroom doors locked? Never been to Edmonton though, not that I would care to visit with all that flooding anyway.

No floods here, but no shortage of maniacs and random crime. Tons of hard drugs and a transient population adds to the mix, and you better know the area of town you are in after dark. But let's get to the serious subject. Bodily functions. I have travelled the 401 literally hundreds of times from Detroit/Windsor to Montreal, T.O., and Ottawa, and those restrooms are used by travellers, usually in and out for some coffee or a pee-break. In the cities, it gets a little trickier. It wouldn't really be practical to buzz everybody in and out in a large truckstop, and not many homeless dudes make their way to a restaurant on an Interstate or the 401 in the middle of nowhere. Midtown Detroit? Don't blame them a bit. In Toronto in the eighties there used to be armed, uniformed off-duty police in the beer stores on friday and saturday nights to keep the problems to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ABSOLUT_SS View Post
    No floods here, but no shortage of maniacs and random crime. Tons of hard drugs and a transient population adds to the mix, and you better know the area of town you are in after dark. But let's get to the serious subject. Bodily functions. I have travelled the 401 literally hundreds of times from Detroit/Windsor to Montreal, T.O., and Ottawa, and those restrooms are used by travellers, usually in and out for some coffee or a pee-break. In the cities, it gets a little trickier. It wouldn't really be practical to buzz everybody in and out in a large truckstop, and not many homeless dudes make their way to a restaurant on an Interstate or the 401 in the middle of nowhere. Midtown Detroit? Don't blame them a bit. In Toronto in the eighties there used to be armed, uniformed off-duty police in the beer stores on friday and saturday nights to keep the problems to a minimum.
    No wonder they get so many piss jugs along the 401 and the Trans-Canada. Nice to see one of Dave Windsor's fellow Canadians trying to talk some sense into him.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    No wonder they get so many piss jugs along the 401 and the Trans-Canada. Nice to see one of Dave Windsor's fellow Canadians trying to talk some sense into him.
    You haven't been paying attention, have you? You're cheer leading what Absolute said, but he's making inconsistent statements about Ontario.

First, Absolute says that "much of Ontario" has "locked or buzz-in bathrooms" like Edmonton: "Every chain restaurant and gas station within thirty miles of downtown has locked or buzz-in bathrooms. ... even in much of Ontario, where I'm from."

Then when I asked for locations of the major chains that lock them in Ontario, he said the washrooms are not locked as they are used by travellers and it wouldn't be practical to buzz everybody in and out of a large truckstop: "I have travelled the 401 literally hundreds of times from Detroit/Windsor to Montreal, T.O., and Ottawa, and those restrooms are used by travellers, usually in and out for some coffee or a pee-break. In the cities, it gets a little trickier. It wouldn't really be practical to buzz everybody in and out in a large truckstop, and not many homeless dudes make their way to a restaurant on an Interstate or the 401 in the middle of nowhere. "

So why would there be so many piss jugs along the 401 based on what he said? What sense am I being talked into??

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Those two curse words required a lot of brain power, didn't it? Fall on your head much as a child? Knock knock. Anybody home? You're not even worth my spit.
    are you worth my piss? lmao you're a fool who will not see others point of view. All you've done is whine about how everyone is a liar but you. Ironically me calling you a fucking idiot is the only comment to get a different response. You're still on a super old thread complaining about the same shit. Let's be real for a second. You more than likely, came to Detroit with preconceived notions and when it didn't meet your expectations you looked for ANY excuse to pitch a bitch. I live in Detroit, spend a lot of my time between downtown and midtown, midtown even more than anywhere. All I see is packed restaurants, bars filled with people, people in coffee shops using up the wifi, students walking around going to class and everywhere else, visitors taking pictures, DMC workers, people who work in the area and people going to tigers games.....in other words people being people enjoying city life. I have never seen people just openly pissing in the streets nor have I seen piss puddles. Besides we have a cleaning company who's whole purpose is to clean the downtown area and they do it quite often. I'm sick of people like you trying to tell people who LIVE in this city what the fuck our city looks like.

You haven't been paying attention, have you? You're cheer leading what Absolute said, but he's making inconsistent statements about Ontario.

First, Absolute says that "much of Ontario" has "locked or buzz-in bathrooms" like Edmonton: "Every chain restaurant and gas station within thirty miles of downtown has locked or buzz-in bathrooms. ... even in much of Ontario, where I'm from."

Then when I asked for locations of the major chains that lock them in Ontario, he said the washrooms are not locked as they are used by travellers and it wouldn't be practical to buzz everybody in and out of a large truckstop: "I have travelled the 401 literally hundreds of times from Detroit/Windsor to Montreal, T.O., and Ottawa, and those restrooms are used by travellers, usually in and out for some coffee or a pee-break. In the cities, it gets a little trickier. It wouldn't really be practical to buzz everybody in and out in a large truckstop, and not many homeless dudes make their way to a restaurant on an Interstate or the 401 in the middle of nowhere. "

So why would there be so many piss jugs along the 401 based on what he said? What sense am I being talked into??
    no idiot he said restrooms along the interstate aren't locked but when you get to the cities its the same anywhere. Which is true throughout the US as well.

no idiot he said restrooms along the interstate aren't locked but when you get to the cities its the same anywhere. Which is true throughout the US as well.
    You're so dumb. Most of Ontario's population is located along the 401 and interstate, quite unlike the US.

Quote Originally Posted by French777 View Post
    I walk from Wayne State Univ. to Downtown almost 3 days a week, I have in 3 years only witnessed, maybe one or two instances of these 'puddles' you talk about. Next time, Check out the Detroit Public Library, Any of Wayne State's Buildings, or even YOBS grocer has a restroom you can use, just ask for the key.
    When I used to travel to NYC or Chicago for business, the shop keeps always hosed down their front sidewalks daily [[sometimes twice)....they also, because of the trash pick-up there [[NYC anyway) put out their garbage every night and it would be gone by morning.....every day. Much cleaner there. It's really not that hard to keep your business clean. There really are many more bums here in Detroit, just hanging around and begging, seemingly just waiting for SOMETHING to happen. While I realize having the indigents 'camping out' in the public bathrooms within these businesses is no easy fix, it is possible to rectify this problem, but I don't think that corridor of long established smaller businesses really care whether some casual tourist, out for a stroll and not really interested in purchasing their product or eating in their restaurant, needs to go "Pee". I feel 'ya on this though, they SHOULD care. They want Detroit to 'come back'.....they just don't to be humane about it. All they have to do is monitor their premises. It's like in that movie 'To Sir, With Love'....if you treat people with dignity and respect, and are courteous to all, and consider them 'worthy' of a humane existence.....maybe that'll rub off onto them and they'll become more human-like. Next time utilize a 'sport bag'.

Who peed in davewindsor's Cheerios?

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I know, right! Can't believe he rose to the bait and got this stupid thread really off and rolling again. Its resurrection was entirely too easy.

I can see both sides... there have been days when I walked around [[I lived downtown for 2 years)... and no issues / no pee smell; other times...much different story... pee puddles/urea smell... there is a problem. Once I even witnessed a homeless guy whip out his d!ck at Washington blvd and Michigan and pee on the sidewalk... facing the road! WTF

are you worth my piss? lmao you're a fool who will not see others point of view. All you've done is whine about how everyone is a liar but you. Ironically me calling you a fucking idiot is the only comment to get a different response. You're still on a super old thread complaining about the same shit. Let's be real for a second. You more than likely, came to Detroit with preconceived notions and when it didn't meet your expectations you looked for ANY excuse to pitch a bitch. I live in Detroit, spend a lot of my time between downtown and midtown, midtown even more than anywhere. All I see is packed restaurants, bars filled with people, people in coffee shops using up the wifi, students walking around going to class and everywhere else, visitors taking pictures, DMC workers, people who work in the area and people going to tigers games.....in other words people being people enjoying city life. I have never seen people just openly pissing in the streets nor have I seen piss puddles. Besides we have a cleaning company who's whole purpose is to clean the downtown area and they do it quite often. I'm sick of people like you trying to tell people who LIVE in this city what the fuck our city looks like.
    I agree this is the norm, but my first post still stands. Also, while the "Clean downtown" guys DO help.., I see them standing around more than anything...but that's a different topic all-together.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    I know, right! Can't believe he rose to the bait and got this stupid thread really off and rolling again. Its resurrection was entirely too easy.
    I don't think it's a "stupid thread". I think I made legitimate points about what's wrong with this area.

BUT,

If you think this is a "stupid thread" and you are responding to it, what does that make you for participating in it? Stupid?

I don't eat Cheerios. But, experience has taught me that when people bring up odd topics like food that's been peed in it is actually based on their own personal experience of eating those kind of dishes. Yum, yum, huh? Each to their own.

I don't think it's a "stupid thread". I think I made legitimate points about what's wrong with this area.

BUT,

If you think this is a "stupid thread" and you are responding to it, what does that make you for participating in it? Stupid?
    I believe "troll" is the preferred nomenclature.

I don't eat Cheerios. But, experience has taught me that when people bring up odd topics like food that's been peed in it is actually based on their own personal experience of eating those kind of dishes. Yum, yum, huh? Each to their own.
    You have experience with people who eat food with urine?

You have a very urine-centric life.

Or maybe you're just sore that this thread has turned you into a huge joke and you can't seem to let it die.

If you wanna see a cesspool take a morning walk through the French Quarter around 6:00 am as the DPW is literally washing it down with fire hoses! Yeech!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...Louisiana.html

You have experience with people who eat food with urine?

You have a very urine-centric life.

Or maybe you're just sore that this thread has turned you into a huge joke and you can't seem to let it die.
    Ha, you can't turn it around now.

You brought up the topic of people eating food with urine. Not me. Something like that would never cross my mind because I would never do something like that. But, that's the first thing that came to your mind. So, that would make you the huge joke because normal people don't eat food with urine like you do.

Ha, you can't turn it around now.

You brought up the topic of people eating food with urine. Not me. Something like that would never cross my mind because I would never do something like that. But, that's the first thing that came to your mind. So, that would make you the huge joke because normal people don't eat food with urine like you do.
    You realize it's a common colloquialism that was used humorously in the context of this thread, correct?

Yikes.

Geeze davewindsor... you've spent somewhere between 5-10% of ALL your posts on this forum defending your ire in not being able to take a piss in Midtown. In case you haven't figured it out... it just makes you the bottom of the food chain on a DYES feeding frenzy where you have nothing to gain in its' continuity....

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast