Hybrid View

Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Cool story bro.
    NewYorkCityYes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    NewYorkCityYes.com
    That was lame.

I used to go to Amsterdam a lot and it was usually in the summer months. Talk about a city that can smell like pee...

That would be an open air urinal. Just pee at the wall, the floors are slopped so the pee drains into the canal. gross.
    Last edited by bailey; March-29-13 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I used to go to Amsterdam a lot and it was usually in the summer months. Talk about a city that can smell like pee...

That would be an open air urinal. Just pee at the wall, the floors are slopped so the pee drains into the canal. gross.

I guess the mix of Heineken and high power grass can also add substantial aroma to the urea deposits.

A tale of two cities. On one side of the river: Washrooms are readily available, for all. Nobody goes bankrupt due to illness. An average of one or two people per year are murdered.
    On the other side: ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    A tale of two cities. On one side of the river: Washrooms are readily available, for all. Nobody goes bankrupt due to illness. An average of one or two people per year are murdered.
    On the other side: ???

Are we talking Detroit and Windsor or Detroit and Amsterdam?

So basically Amsterdam is a cesspool?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    So basically Amsterdam is a cesspool?
    Not the best solution, but at least they found a practical way of addressing the issue of why people are peeing all over the place in public. I just hope people don't fish in that canal and serve it up for dinner.

Is there not a deposit on plastic liquor bottles in Michigan like Ontario? I must have spotted a hundred of them littering the street sides while walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Not the best solution, but at least they found a practical way of addressing the issue of why people are peeing all over the place in public. I just hope people don't fish in that canal and serve it up for dinner.

Is there not a deposit on plastic liquor bottles in Michigan like Ontario? I must have spotted a hundred of them littering the street sides while walking around.
    Before you come over next time, see if you can first pee in one of Windsor's brothels. While you're there, ask them if they can take your deposits.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post

Well why didn't you pee into one instead of crying about them? Or go behind a dumpster in an alley? That's where normal people who have to go outside pee, not on storefronts. My eyes are working just fine and I can see the puddles came from you.

Christ allmighty, I've never seen anything like that before.

Name:  Where to Go.jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  28.1 KB

This handy guide to public bathrooms in Manhattan was published in 1991, long before the proliferation of Starbucks, MacDonalds, etc.

Here's a typical page. Bathroom locations and their conditions are well-described.

Name:  Where to Go #2.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  92.5 KB

How funny. Anecdotes! Illustrations!

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post

This handy guide to public bathrooms in Manhattan was published in 1991, long before the proliferation of Starbucks, MacDonalds, etc.
    1991 was long before the proliferation of McDonalds? Really?

Human waste is a resource. Pee in the gardens.

You think that's bad? Trying going for long walks in the suburbs. Nothing is worse than the urge hitting you and being surrounded by hundreds of toilets that you can never, ever be allowed to use.

The Justice for Trayvon thread is getting very tiresome and depressing with everybody entrenched in their positions and making the same arguments ad naseum, so I thought I'd try to bring back this one. Have we cleaned up all those piss puddles yet? Let's have a big rally! Justice for Dave from Windsor!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    The Justice for Trayvon thread is getting very tiresome and depressing with everybody entrenched in their positions and making the same arguments ad naseum, so I thought I'd try to bring back this one. Have we cleaned up all those piss puddles yet? Let's have a big rally! Justice for Dave from Windsor!
    Who knows if they've been cleaned? I didn't see any point going back to spend my tourist dollars to find out.

... and I picked this thread to start my fabulous experience on DetroitYes. davewindsor, I live in Edmonton Alberta. Every chain restaurant and gas station within thirty miles of downtown has locked or buzz-in bathrooms. Junkies, homeless, idiots & maniacs are the reason, and it's been that way for years, even in much of Ontario, where I'm from.

Quote Originally Posted by ABSOLUT_SS View Post
    ... and I picked this thread to start my fabulous experience on DetroitYes. davewindsor, I live in Edmonton Alberta. Every chain restaurant and gas station within thirty miles of downtown has locked or buzz-in bathrooms. Junkies, homeless, idiots & maniacs are the reason, and it's been that way for years, even in much of Ontario, where I'm from.
    What?! In the cities I've been to along the 401 in Ontario, I can't even recall a time that i've had that problem in major chains like Subway, Starbucks or McDonald's. Which McDonald's, Starbucks or Subway in Ontario had their bathroom doors locked? Never been to Edmonton though, not that I would care to visit with all that flooding anyway.

No floods here, but no shortage of maniacs and random crime. Tons of hard drugs and a transient population adds to the mix, and you better know the area of town you are in after dark. But let's get to the serious subject. Bodily functions. I have travelled the 401 literally hundreds of times from Detroit/Windsor to Montreal, T.O., and Ottawa, and those restrooms are used by travellers, usually in and out for some coffee or a pee-break. In the cities, it gets a little trickier. It wouldn't really be practical to buzz everybody in and out in a large truckstop, and not many homeless dudes make their way to a restaurant on an Interstate or the 401 in the middle of nowhere. Midtown Detroit? Don't blame them a bit. In Toronto in the eighties there used to be armed, uniformed off-duty police in the beer stores on friday and saturday nights to keep the problems to a minimum.

it is barbed wire not bob wire

Quote Originally Posted by DW313512 View Post
    it is barbed wire not bob wire
    Half the farmers East of the Mississippi would disagree with you on that one.