Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It will help deter criminal activity, as NOBODY will want to be seen riding in one of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I heard this on WUOM radio today, and looking at the article on their website, it appears it originated with the AP.

I'm going to guess they mean the Downtown Detroit Partnership. Roger Penske is currently Vice Chair of the organization and with several of their member organizations being involved in the donation, I'm sure they will manage the money properly. Incidentally, this is also the organization that oversees the Clean Downtown operation, which has made a big difference in the downtown area. If I recall correctly, Clean Downtown was originally spearheaded by Penske.
    I believe the proper name is "Clean Downtown, Screw Up Belle Isle, A Kwame Kilpatrick Joint".

^^^ I'll have to opt for the matinee showing. I cannot afford full price evening tickets!

I don't know why they said the ambulances would be a while...they are sitting in the parking lot of the dealership on Jefferson, saw 'em driving down Larned yesterday morning before this announcement. Perhaps they are not outfitted inside yet, but they are painted and shiny-clean.

Good timing, too. I saw one EMS limping back to the maintenance shed, spewing oil smoke, yesterday on Wilkins. It likely didn't leave the shop that day. Another one bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I don't know why they said the ambulances would be a while...they are sitting in the parking lot of the dealership on Jefferson, saw 'em driving down Larned yesterday morning before this announcement. Perhaps they are not outfitted inside yet, but they are painted and shiny-clean.

Good timing, too. I saw one EMS limping back to the maintenance shed, spewing oil smoke, yesterday on Wilkins. It likely didn't leave the shop that day. Another one bites the dust.
    im surprised detroit ems hasn't been privatized yet. once the efm does away with the unionized emt they'll bring some mega corporate provider aka American Medical Response. wonder what percentage of detroiters are reliant on disability, medicare, and medicade? those numbers may prove its useful to shift the financial burden to the feds.

I like the American police car livery. The diversity is enormous. Here in the Netherlands the police have a livery on their cars that is nationwide. The cars themselves are on the other hand more diverse than in America.

The bulk of the fleet consists of Volkswagen Golf and Opel Vivaro vans. The highway police uses Volvo Estate cars. Then there are also BMWs and some Mercedes, though the latter one is almost phased out, apart from vans and the GL series which are used by equestrian units.

typical livery

I own a Beetle model like this one.

Last edited by Whitehouse; March-28-13 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post

I own a Beetle model like this one.

Nice ride!

Here on Las Vegas, the California influence has impacted itself on the local police and the cars of Metro are black and white, as in Los Angeles. They look like damn taxicabs to me.

This is one of a couple ghost cars in black on black livery the Montreal police just bought, they have a bunch of white on white ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Whats the number 911 for?
    it's the hottest lottery number, wanna make sure the populous knows

http://tacticalmobileunit.com/images...-dl/img004.jpg

This image is huge but is really high quality. Why can't they just have something simple with the Spirit of Detroit? DPD cruisers have been too "busy" IMO for the past 15+ yrs.

This guy is excited about the new police cars.

Name:  sleepingdetroit.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  8.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedz34 View Post
    http://tacticalmobileunit.com/images...-dl/img004.jpg

This image is huge but is really high quality. Why can't they just have something simple with the Spirit of Detroit? DPD cruisers have been too "busy" IMO for the past 15+ yrs.
    Nice pic! When was the last time you saw a Gran Fury of that vintage? I agree with you. I think the new livery is cartoonish and over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by scottn55 View Post
    Nice pic! When was the last time you saw a Gran Fury of that vintage? I agree with you. I think the new livery is cartoonish and over the top.
    The car is a Chrysler Newport, about 1980. See the badge on the fender?

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Nice ride!
    Would I lie to you?

That's the black VW policecar from the Dutch Gemeente politie [[sort of like community police, now defunct), a green and white German version and a Dutch Rijkspolitie van. [[nationwide.)

I have got ten more of these models.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle St. View Post
    The car is a Chrysler Newport, about 1980. See the badge on the fender?
    Good call. I should've looked more closely. I knew it wasn't a St Regis so I assumed if it wasn't the Dodge it was probably a Plymouth. Usually they didn't use Chryslers for marked cruisers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2