Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    ... The article did not mention what happens in a situation where defendants show up but there is no prosecution. So what happens? Do their tickets get tossed?
    From today's Free Press: Prosecutors miss their day in court amid Ficano-Worthy budget brawl
    Jamaris Smith saved hundreds of dollars Monday when he beat two tickets in 36th District Court in Detroit for the unlikeliest of reasons: The prosecutor never showed up....

For defendants such as Smith, Monday’s no-show by county prosecutors brought an unexpected windfall.

“If [[sic) felt great that I didn’t have to pay all that extra money,” Smith, 23, of Detroit said as he walked out of court....

Besides not covering traffic cases, including drunken driving cases, prosecutors will also determine on a day-by-day basis whether they can cover the misdemeanor domestic-violence docket — cases that could turn into murders later if they aren’t followed properly, Worthy said.

Additionally, she warned, prosecutors won’t have time to prepare their cases and witnesses and if they don’t get a conviction, a case can’t be retried.
    Yikes. I've never heard of such a situation before. I suppose it could come up during a natural disaster or in wartime though.

I've not been very impressed with Worthy before, but she was powerful on Craig Fahle's show today.

We don't really know what's going on, but she's certainly willing to press the nuclear button on this. She no doubt knows just how vulnerable he is right now -- especially on the tails of giving a $105k retiree another $50k. It screams political patronage. You mean you can't find anyone else qualified to run an alternative workforce crew? Or to drive you around? There's a story that we need to hear about his connections to this guy -- I doubt that he's just the lucky Wayne Country lottery winner this week. There's a story.

Back to the main story, what's really going on here? Why did Worthy take on Ficano? Ficano must be torturing her. Probably for a good reason. She clearly has decided that an attack is her best defense. I hope she's sincere and I hope she hasn't acted too politically here.

Fasten your political seat belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Back to the main story, what's really going on here? Why did Worthy take on Ficano?
    Because she thinks that there's more to these cuts than just, "budget reduction." http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...cutor-s-office

There may indeed be more to this than what meets the eye.

We've long suspected that Ficano was on the dirty side of the law...tainted in the ways only those associated with the old McNamara regime can stink.

Perhaps this is more proof that Worthy largely sits tipping the scales towards justice? Ficano getting back at her for daring to stand up against the Kwhyme juggernaut...since EVERYONE knew it would lead back to McNamara alumnus sprinkled throughout city, county, and state government, including the judicial branch?!

Anyone else remember her desire to get the entire 36th District Court eliminated from qualification to adjudicate the earliest Kwhyme crimes?! She was spot-on with that, from all reports.

And seems spot-on with this latest conflict, too. Fuck Bob Ficano and those like him who continue to screw up this place for their profit and power tripping.

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; March-20-13 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    There may indeed be more to this than what meets the eye.
    ...snip...Ficano getting back at her for daring to stand up against the Kwhyme juggernaut...since EVERYONE knew it would lead back to McNamara alumnus sprinkled throughout city, county, and state government, including the judicial branch?!...snip...And seems spot-on with this latest conflict, too. Fuck Bob Ficano and those like him who continue to screw up this place for their profit and power tripping...
    When government exists to protect itself and enjoy privilege, I'm really glad to see it collapse. I do hope Worthy is doing this for the right reasons. If so, she'll be one of the few heros through this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Fasten your political seat belts.
    It's going to be a bumpy ride! Stay tuned!!