Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Default Worthy v. Ficano

The war is on. Hope Ms Worthy wins. she is, by a long shot, the most competent public servant in the area.

Bob holds the purse strings for now. It will be interesting if he can win another election. She may outlast him and get her way.

Ficano is Kwame 2.0 - The next chapter.

Here's to a revolution of justice in SE MI aimed at rooting out corrupt public servants. Even the term "public servants" makes me cringe anymore. They don't serve the public. Just their fat gullets.

Can anyone say more about Ms. Worthy? I don't know as much as I should. This battle is going to be very interesting.

Kym Worthy first rose to prominence during the Malice Greene affair. She was a very tough prosecutor, winning 90% of the cases that went to trial. She has balanced the budget of her office for the last several years, pushed to improve the competence of the Detroit Crime Lab, led the push for taking care of those lost rape kits. She has a stellar record, in my opinion. I would vote for her for mayor or to take Ficano's job. Actually, I think having her as County Exec and Duggan as mayor would be great for the area.

She's a competent, confident and tough lady, perfectly suited for her current position.

I've wondered for a long time where her professional ceiling might be.

C

I'd approve Ficano having a 4th driver..... if he drove him out of office.