DetroitYES Mini-Film Festival presents two Detroit-themed films by German director Dieter Marcello.
READ MORE »

JOIN DETROITYES NOW
FREE AND FUN

DISCUSSING ALL THINGS DETROIT SINCE 1999

ENJOY DETROITYES?

AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »

Default Westland police chase down Merriman Rd

I was on my way to work today between 11:30 and noon. While stopped at northbound Merriman & Ann Arbor Trail I saw police cars in my rear view mirror--LOTS of them, all chasing a black car with one of its rear tires shredded. There had to be at least 6-8 Westland cars, a bunch of Wayne County sheriffs and I think once I crossed Joy Rd several Livonia cars joined in the chase. I never saw where they ended up, but by the time I turned to get on EB I-96 I saw pieces of tire so maybe they went that way.

Does anyone know what this was all about? I've never seen so many police cars chasing one car before. I checked the Westland Observer site, but I usually always find out the scoop on DY before it hits the news.

After a while, one idiot can empty the resources of an entire chain of neighbor cities. I can just envision this guy like Jake&Ellwood in the Blues Brothers, on the way to pay those taxes...with an entire army of cops chasing him.

Dude made it to the freeway...that was over a mile on three tires! I'd bet against him. One of the cops wants to show off the high-speed takedown bump maneuver they just learned in Homeland Insecurity Driving School...better to do it down in the bowl of the freeway.

If it hadn't been for the presence of so many Westland cars I'd have wondered if this didn't originate in another city. Except for a couple mile stretch between Cherry Hill & Warren Rds, you have to go all the way down to Van Born Rd before Merriman gets out of Westland and into Romulus. As a resident, I'm curious what the perp did that drew so many police cars into the chase.

Quote Originally Posted by psubliminal View Post
    I was on my way to work today between 11:30 and noon. While stopped at northbound Merriman & Ann Arbor Trail I saw police cars in my rear view mirror--LOTS of them, all chasing a black car with one of its rear tires shredded. There had to be at least 6-8 Westland cars, a bunch of Wayne County sheriffs and I think once I crossed Joy Rd several Livonia cars joined in the chase. I never saw where they ended up, but by the time I turned to get on EB I-96 I saw pieces of tire so maybe they went that way.

Does anyone know what this was all about? I've never seen so many police cars chasing one car before. I checked the Westland Observer site, but I usually always find out the scoop on DY before it hits the news.
    Kwame made a run for it. No big deal. He's back in custody.