Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    yeah, i'm sure someone has some money stashed, but 50mil+ ?

with that kind of money, you'd think he would have skipped town and bought his freedom in another country.
    Why? He was going to get off.

I can't see him having that kind of money. Especially $50 mil. No way. Its worthless at this point. He is 42 years old. His prime of his life will now be spent in prison and "if" he comes out, he will be an old man. I think if they followed the money, people with names like Illitch, Maroun, Karmanos, and Gilbert would not be looking too good. They greased his palms. I always thought trying to bribe someone was illegal.

I think Kwame has money, or I think his wife would have left him years ago.

The problem is that he can't spend any of it because its going to leave a trail and questions will come up and he will loose it all.

So best case scenario is that he does 7-8 years of a 20 year sentence and gets out on good behavior, and when nobody is looking he quietly dissappears with the millions he stole from the city of detroit.

We know Bobby Ferguson has money stashed away, and what he gave up probably was just a fraction of what he is hiding.

Im sure Kwame has more than Ferguson, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson is holding money for Kwame.

There is minimal early release from federal prisons, Claude, so he'll do the majority of the time he's eventually sentenced to.

There I go, ending a "sentence" in a preposition.......

m b v Guest

You conspiracy theorists with your "he knows too many secrets of the elite to not have money stashed.” HA! You do realize Tony Soave is one of the wealthiest guys in the state and he was involved in this trial, yes? Kwame received those "loans" and a new job when he stepped out of office as a bribe to leave town quickly, before everyones business interests were impacted any more than they already were by that clown. Kilpatrick & Co aren't masterminds; they're opportunist leeches who leaned on businesses for dough. It doesn't take a genius to do that. But it takes a real moron to do so, with such brazen and with such an easily traceable record of their every move. These idiots are right where they belong; broke and in prison.
    Last edited by m b v; March-14-13 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    I think Kwame has money, or I think his wife would have left him years ago.

The problem is that he can't spend any of it because its going to leave a trail and questions will come up and he will loose it all.

So best case scenario is that he does 7-8 years of a 20 year sentence and gets out on good behavior, and when nobody is looking he quietly dissappears with the millions he stole from the city of detroit.

We know Bobby Ferguson has money stashed away, and what he gave up probably was just a fraction of what he is hiding.

Im sure Kwame has more than Ferguson, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson is holding money for Kwame.
    You do 85% of your time in the BOP. The way to get additional time off is if he were to participate in the drug program and he would get an additional 1 year off but since he doesn't have a documented substance abuse problem he isn't eligible for that. Also there is legislation being put forth that would have people do 65% of their time instead of 85% like it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by ccal View Post
    You do 85% of your time in the BOP. The way to get additional time off is if he were to participate in the drug program and he would get an additional 1 year off but since he doesn't have a documented substance abuse problem he isn't eligible for that. Also there is legislation being put forth that would have people do 65% of their time instead of 85% like it was before.
    Oh, the other way to get time off is to cooperate with the feds the.

my guess is that the phantom donations will continue to come in on behalf of Carlita and the kids... Some select appearances for her on TV ministry shows, campaigns targeted at the black church..

It's certainly a good question whether Mr. Kilpatrick was able to stash away a sizable sum of money before the feds came calling. One would think that the government would have figured it out by now if some huge amount of money had been moved offshore or hidden in some fashion.

Yet clearly, Mr. Kilpatrick's family in Texas is living off of some source of money not generated by a traditional employment and paid salary. This money can only have come from two places: family "savings" that was moved to Mrs. Kilpatrick's sole ownership, or support from extended family or friends. The former category of money would clearly be tainted because financial records have shown that the Kilpatricks spent far in excess of Mr. Kilpatrick's mayoral salary and Mrs. Kilpatrick has not been employed for many years. However, the latter category may indeed explain things. Mrs. Kilpatrick's family seems to be solidly middle or upper middle class and may have the means to support her and the children. Best guess, it's likely been a mixture of the two up until now. It seems unlikely that the Kilpatrick's would have been able to stash a significant amount [[millions) of money beyond the government's reach. And whatever money that was "saved" has probably already been spent.

But then again, maybe this viewpoint is silly and naive.

Gold.............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2