Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

As close to "over the top" as Mr. LeDuff gets with some some of his "journalistic" endeavors, I still feel he serves a worthwhile cause in his reporting. I hope this blows over and he's allowed to return to the task @ hand.

I hope Charlie straightens out [[ would be kind of a miracle though) and stays at 2. Depends how he handles it. If he can take responsibility, promise to do better, maybe he will survive at 2. Bill Bonds did this stuff for years. Bonds was an icon here though. Have to see how this plays out. Charlie has pissed off some judges.

of all the times to be drunk, pissing on things and biting people, you gotta do it when theres a cop around?

st patties day and no one got it on tape?

never drink in public. never ends well.

4. Default

Charlie and Reason don't go hand in hand: Light Rail? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld05-5OOLRg

Do I understand this correctly, he was blind drunk on Sunday and on Monday he is all over the airwaves covering the Kwame implosion?

If that was me, where I was fighting drunk, blind drunk, falling down-stupid-drunk ... I think it would take me a few days to recover.

LeDuff hugely embarrassed himself, and is responsible for that.

But, among other things he's also responsible for shining a light on a corrupt Wayne County executive responsible for millions in graft; and on a 36th District Judge who ran for office then fails to show up for work, and who has power over you as defendant in her Court;

I think walking the high-wire brings with it a certain amount of stress. It happens.

i like the guy, he is technicolor in a beige tv world, but it is not surprising to learn that Charlie and Bill W don't know each other. Too bad.

We need a LeDuff around here. We really need him. Bad.

I have known and worked with a few people that have had substance abuse problems. Hate to admit it, but I have suspected for a while, by his appearence and demeanor on the tube, Charlie looked really rough around the edges. Going months with bad hair , looked real sloppy. His style of reporting though is unique. If he does get rehab, will it change his style? Will his reporting be entertaining? Is this the way he has to operate and navigate thru life, with a crutch? He might feel he can't do his style of reporting without the crutch. I do speculate and read into things. Others may not agree with me. JMHO.

Yep, especially when you're a public figure. Someone is bound to see you. Drink at home...

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    of all the times to be drunk, pissing on things and biting people, you gotta do it when theres a cop around?

st patties day and no one got it on tape?

never drink in public. never ends well.

Public figure, out in the public drinking heavily frequently. Bound for trouble. Drunks I have worked with that loved their dives, it was their second home. Life of a barfly is not a pretty site. Don't know for sure if that is Charlie's way of life. Pissing in the street and biting people makes one wonder. To be that drunk on the Sunday. Less than 24 hours later on the job with Kwame. Most casual, social drinkers I know would be so badly hung over for 24 hours, they would be stuck in the bathroom at home over the toilet.

I think all the bartenders in town checking their fingers would be intervention one. We'll step it up if that doesn't have an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Public figure, out in the public drinking heavily frequently. Bound for trouble. Drunks I have worked with that loved their dives, it was their second home. Life of a barfly is not a pretty site. Don't know for sure if that is Charlie's way of life. Pissing in the street and biting people makes one wonder. To be that drunk on the Sunday. Less than 24 hours later on the job with Kwame. Most casual, social drinkers I know would be so badly hung over for 24 hours, they would be stuck in the bathroom at home over the toilet.
    Though I agree with your assessment of his appearence in relation to some kind of substance abuse, this sounds more like a high school, "my first beer" kind of stunt. Heavy drinkers I've known usually do like their dives and the buzz, but not the after effects. Too much, too early, in too short of a time span, on an empty stomach?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-13-13 at 08:58 AM.

Knowing his friends and enemies, he might've been slipped something. Some might do it so they COULD get an incriminating video. It probably got out of hand, and they couldn't intervene once Sunny got bit and pissed.

Because from all reports, he is a pro. Plus, he doesn't remember.

So, a Mickey Finn or he is well into blackoutland.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Because from all reports, he is a pro. Plus, he doesn't remember.

So, a Mickey Finn or he is well into blackoutland.
    Interesting theory. Maybe, maybe not. St Paddy's Day is known as amateur hour, so where is the video? Hope one does not exist for his sake. I still think he has some kind of abuse problem. He did look shaky on the Bill Maher show. Could someone have set him up? If he thought that, he should have had his blood or urine tested. But that might have worse results. Who knows? Have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

We need a LeDuff around here. We really need him. Bad.
    This city needs a lot of things, but a hack journalist who gains notoriety by sensationalism and smearing people isn't one of them. Away with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    This city needs a lot of things, but a hack journalist who gains notoriety by sensationalism and smearing people isn't one of them. Away with him.
    Could you please post some links to stories where LeDuff smeared innocent people? Thank you and have a wonderful day!

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/fox-2-r...security-guard

“He was actually urinating out in public, on the curb,” said Bernard. “I mean, he saw him and people were taking pictures, and so forth, and people who were in this private event in the tent said, ‘Well, go get him, help him out.’”

just a matter of time til those pics surface, heheh...

Breaking news -- latest quote from Charlie: "wasn't me"......reminds me of a big-hit song from Shaggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Could you please post some links to stories where LeDuff smeared innocent people? Thank you and have a wonderful day!
    Just read his little "Bumsicle" story from a few years ago. He did a good job at smearing, even though he got his tip from one of the individuals involved. He got a lot of notoriety off of that story even though he wrote complete BS while making certain people look like heartless pricks, because it made for a better story that way.

We're all happy for him though. Sensationalistic hack he is.

I'm sure that was the only time he ever did something like that. He oozes journalistic integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Breaking news -- latest quote from Charlie: "wasn't me"......reminds me of a big-hit song from Shaggy.
    The police report has the last name LaDuff, not LeDuff, apparently wrong person....

It looks like a video of the incident has shown up on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM
    Last edited by Johnnny5; March-16-13 at 02:03 PM.

^^^^^
    Told you....just a Big misunderstanding, that's all......

Now that's funny!
    I personally hope he sticks around also. In a town with so many colorful leaders why not have a colorful reporter! TV is about entertainment. Never forget that. At the end of the day though he still brings to light some interesting topics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast