Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

10 bonus points to the source who can tell us what Monica Conyers said!

I consulted my crystal ball, and it showed Monica saying:

I was speaking! And I was saying, that, yes, in the abscess of a Koran, nothing can be derided, but as I said [louder, interrupting everybody] AS I SAID, a councilperson, especially the Council President, which is me, cannot be interruptured when they are talking in ogre to make the point of no Koran. Now, the debit may continue in the abscess of a Koran, until some one raise the point while no one is talking, [louder to interrupt] WHILE NO ONE IS TALKING, WHILE NO ONE IS TALKING. [Throws up hand] Whatever! Whatever! Whatever! WHATEVER! WHATEVER!

Bearinabox Guest

I wonder what would happen to me if I started blowing off important meetings at work without explanation.

In an interview this morning on Frank Beckman's show, Sheila Cockrel said that Ms. MonCon hammered the meeting closed while the missing councilmembers were wandering in. According to Ms. Shelia the meeting ended before the others could take their seats.

Sorry, couldn't find an audio link on the wjr website, but maybe it will be posted later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    10 bonus points to the source who can tell us what Monica Conyers said!
    Aside from using the f- and b-words, Conyers said that Cockrel "needed a man."

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlegumes View Post
    Aside from the b-word, Conyers said that Cockrel "needed a man."
    And according to some sources, so does she, apparently.

lilpup Guest

If I were the judge and saw that Council couldn't even be bothered to take the meetings for the issue seriously I'd toss the idea of negotiations out the window and rule on the legalities [[which, I somewhat suspect, don't favor Council).

From the WDIV Clickondetroit site:

"...The media was not allowed inside the meeting. However, on camera, after the meeting, Conyers and Cockrel told Local 4 what had transpired during their argument.Conyers reportedly attacked Cockrel's personal life. When Local 4's Rod Meloni asked Conyers if she accused Cockrel of being lonely she said no, and then asked a poignant question."No I did not. I did not say she needs to get a man. But does she? And not be with everyone else's man. Does she? I am just asking you. This is what her people say about her. I don't know."Cockrel fired back and said the Council president's actions and increasing flare-ups are embarrassing the council and she has issues with her temper..."

This is a clusterf*ck in every sense of the word. Something needs to happen and happen now.

Raw footage of Channel 4's interview with Monica.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19077084/