Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yep! Nothing hampers work flow like a completely glared out, useless 'puter screen from full-on sun, due to bad office seating and no adaptable window screening. Sounds just great!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    And they've apparently nobody in their architecture/design staff that knows a damn thing about the natural order of things, say like the travel of sunlight throughout the year. Witness the dozens upon dozens of fucked-up shit LITTERING almost all of their windows.

I initially thought it was their 'whiteboard' or flat space for posting public performance charts...since it looked like they were taping up large-format print sheets. But then I saw the collection of UPS and FedEX supplies taped on some...and it became obvious they were desperately trying to quell the sunshine from obscuring their computer screens!

Bedrock got the go ahead to change the plaza outside of the Fed Reserve Bank building. They consulted with a former colleague of original plaza and annex architect Minoru Yamasaki on how to change the plaza, which IMO was a classy move on Bedrock's part. Other changes including outdoor seating and a skylight built into an existing planter adding natural light to the basement of the building.

Read more here: http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...plaza.php#more

who really cares what you guys would like to see done to the building, the building has sat empty for years and the last time I checked My. Gilbert was the one that had the money in hand and used it to buy the building. Money talks, all you other people need to fall back or pony up some money, only then are u in a position to decide what someone should do with the building that they own.
    Detroiter kill me with this mess. Concern when someone buys something, but no concern about it falling apart for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    who really cares what you guys would like to see done to the building, the building has sat empty for years and the last time I checked My. Gilbert was the one that had the money in hand and used it to buy the building. Money talks, all you other people need to fall back or pony up some money, only then are u in a position to decide what someone should do with the building that they own.
    Detroiter kill me with this mess. Concern when someone buys something, but no concern about it falling apart for decades.
    I second this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    I think he should demolish it and build a big parking garage in its place. And then he can buy the Penobscot building and he can build a skywalk from the new garage to the building so that it will finally have dedicated attached parking.

He owns it so he should be able to do anything he wants with it. Money talks and if you don't like it you should get into a bidding war with a billionaire and buy it yourself. Otherwise shut up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2