Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    "hi tech lynching"

That is a blatantly racist comment. What are you trying to incite here, Oldman?!
    John... go see his comments on the thread about YOBS... his contribution there called YOBS "Suburban Interlopers"... so you can see his modus operandi... and you can always spot a City Council meeting audience "intelligensia"..

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I believe the actual CAY quote is, "Aloha m......"
    Wasn't quoting anything. I don't get references before 1989.

I hear you. I am not naive to that factor. Now hopefully his sons will take another direction.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrrman View Post
    Where do you think he got his traits from?
    Zacha341 wrote:

I am not 'hilarious'..... Sad day for his mother... or any mother to see their child [[grown on not) go down for such deeds. Larger sadness still for Detroiter's who got taken by someone who was entrusted to stand for the good of the citizens. Just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    not guilty of taking cash in the synagro deal.1.2 billion for hauling away the poop.yet moncon copts a guilty verdict for herself,goes to camp cupcake.all for what 10 grand.ya'll elect some real smooth rocket science types in the D!now they have to keep an eye on carlita.she will lead them to the stash.the feds know its out there,thats why they are enjoying an applesauce,carton of milk,and baloney sandwich tonight.
    Grammar aside, you do make some good points. It's going to be interesting that Bernard Kilpatrick will likely not serve much jail time if any at all. I wouldn't be shocked if the Feds put a real tight surveillance team on both Bernard and Carlita.

The money can't be totally gone, and it is curious how they are still able to afford their lifestyle.

I didn't see any mention of appeals up there ^^^. Bet that will happen, with application for bond during appeal.

Sorry can't go around the full corner wid yah!

Lynching? Umm, yeah a few rank and file and remaining upper crust Detroiter's are feeling the strain of a 'noose' reaped tight just about now behind all of this corruption applied right here, where we live, on the behalf of a selected few - justified much as it went forth - for as long as it could!

Every well runs dry eventually -- often as you fall into it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    Ain't nothing you can do for Detroit now, fates are sealed, just like this hi tech lyncing was.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-11-13 at 08:35 PM.

While it is increasingly harder for the average Detroiter to maintain theirs...

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    The money can't be totally gone, and it is curious how they are still able to afford their lifestyle.

Now that the Fed's have convictions, they really ought to look at all the lap dogs of the late Eddie Mac in Wayne County, Ficano & Duggan for starters.

I had a client here all day....I just now caught this.

In the words of Jackie Gleason, "How sweet it is."

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    You have been in denial
    Noooo. But leave it to someone [[you) to find a way to chide me for no good reason other than me being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    While it is increasingly harder for the average Detroiter to maintain theirs...
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Great day for Detroit. Sad day for Detroit. The 3 felons were convicted. Now the city can get on with the business at hand.
    The business at hand of corruption as usual. These were three drops in a lake. Hopefully the Feds won't stop here. Maybe the cronies and supporters like Duggan will be taken down before they can do more.

I am not 'hilarious' about that. Sad day for his mother... or any mother to see their child [[grown on not) go down for such deeds.
    No tears for CheekyMomma seeing SonnyBoy led away in cuffs. She should be led away in cuffs too.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Grammar aside, you do make some good points. It's going to be interesting that Bernard Kilpatrick will likely not serve much jail time if any at all. I wouldn't be shocked if the Feds put a real tight surveillance team on both Bernard and Carlita.

Somebody actually asked that very question during the fed news conference and they are VERY aware of potential stashes overseas and are watching numerious sources closely. They know there is a stash somewhere. Hats off to Carmanos for providing this bum with a phony living and phony job during the early part of his life in Texas. Proud Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    I feel sadder about this than I thought I would. Not about the verdicts given to these bozos, we all knew at least 2 out of 3 would spend the rest of their best years in the clank. But I feel really bad for Detroit, like it just hit me what we've been through for the last 10 years. And driving through the city today, I'm thinking about how much better off our city could be right now, should be.... This is the real crime these men will be paying for.

Funny you should mention that, I feel the same way. It's almost as if I wished the Feds were proven wrong and none of this REALLY happened. It is a black eye for Detroit. I voted for him the first time after I met him and talked with him @ the Taste Fest. I thought he was just what Detroit needed, young, ambitious, full of good ideas. I'm not celebrating the verdict. I just want us to move on.

My thoughts are that at least one of these cronies in high places such as Penske, Gilbert, Karmanos, know where the money is stashed. That is why they helped KK at the drop of a hat. These guys would have the ability to "know" how to stash it in a friendly country that launders money. Kwame's interest in Dubai I am sure is getting scrutiny by the feds.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    Ain't nothing you can do for Detroit now, fates are sealed, just like this hi tech lyncing was.
    Ahhh, and here comes a memember of the brainwashed group of the Detroit & surrounding area. My guess about this poster: Uneducated, church going, goverment handout taking.

Prove me wrong oldman.

As I was watching footage of the van leaving the courthouse & on it's way to Milan, I couldn't help but think if Kwame & Bobby were near each other in the van and what, if anything, they were saying to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    As I was watching footage of the van leaving the courthouse & on it's way to Milan, I couldn't help but think if Kwame & Bobby were near each other in the van and what, if anything, they were saying to each other.
    "Gee Bobby, You look nice today...."
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-12-13 at 10:05 AM.

anybody pick up today's papers, how extensive is the coverage? are they double-sized?

"We should have quit while we were ahead..."

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post

"We should have quit while we were ahead..."
    "yeah bro...remember when you wore that Gladiator mask and we made laps around downtown when the bars let out on those bikes from the Fire Department?

We shoulda quit then.

Damn, Bobby...I should never let you on the island after hours either. When you got all that old copper...man, our luck changed after that. Must've been a curse on that damn fountain."

Really surprised we haven't heard from 313hero yet....was he in the van?

m b v Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    The business at hand of corruption as usual. These were three drops in a lake.
    Bingo. I really hate hearing media say, "This is the end in the sad chapter of corruption in Detroit." No, there are many more, still in office[[!), that deserve a cell right next to KK and BF, starting with Ficano & Co. Heard a host on NPR ask, "If he Kilpatrick was SO brazen, how was this allowed to go on for so long? Certainly other people knew this was happening." Everyone knew and nobody did a thing because every official in the city and county is up to no good.
    Last edited by m b v; March-12-13 at 02:07 PM.

Name:  not a flight risk.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  40.5 KB
    Headline I'd like to read...

Quote Originally Posted by m b v View Post
    Bingo. I really hate hearing media say, "This is the end in the sad chapter of corruption in Detroit." No, there are many more, still in office[[!), that deserve a cell right next to KK and BF, starting with Ficano & Co. Heard a host on NPR ask, "If he Kilpatrick was SO brazen, how was this allowed to go on for so long? Certainly other people knew this was happening." Everyone knew and nobody did a thing because every official in the city and county is up to no good.
    First, it is widely believed that the feds ARE targeting Wayne County next. Link. Second, the "dark chapter" is presumed to be over because for so long, corruption went unnoticed and unpunished. The feeling is that corrupt politicians are now on notice that their CURRENT actions are being watched. It's not only about getting those who have broken the law in the past, but deterring those who would do it in the future. That's the line of thinking at least.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast