Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I imagine Mike Duggan is rushing all over town, trying to find a ball-gag large enough to keep his boy Malik Shabazz quiet over the verdict. Might undo that relationship a bit, I'm guessin', if Malik were to get righteous in all the wrong places.
    Nah, all Shabazz needed was a nice fat envelope....which I'm sure Mike got to him a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    It's a sad day [[especially for Kwame and Bobby and their families) but it's nice this chapter is closing. As a student of A Course In Miracles it's not God who punishes us, we punish ourselves.
    Add to that, a criminal punishes his family too.

bend over and grab your ankles fellas!!

>> Jurors said they were not angry at Kilpatrick.

“I wouldn’t call it anger,” a female juror said. “More disappointment with me voting for the mayor twice. I thought that he could be a good leader and sitting here on trial for the past six months I saw a lot that really, really turned my stomach and I couldn’t believe these things were going on.”

Another female juror said she felt sorry for Kilpatrick’s wife and three sons.

"I feel bad for the families. There's always a bit of sadness for the children and the families...I don't feel bad for the defendants, because I think you go into things knowing what you're doing."

Sentencing will be delayed, as Kwhyme and the others sneak out the back door of the Grand Trunk Pub, immediately into a waiting red Lincoln Navigator, once their food is ready. Without paying. Later, one of the bartenders will be overheard saying they were misunderstood when they said they wanted to give it to 'em. Their last free meal in this town.

After a nostalgic loop around Campus Martius, the Navigator will bee-line up Gratiot to City Airport where one of Tony Soave's fastest and best-insured jets will be fueled enough for a long journey to the Cayman Islands where they will make one quick stop for a bank withdrawal before flying off to parts unknown...

...later discovered to have been ALLOWED by the US Attorney's Office, after reading the estimate of what it will take to feed Kwhyme and Bobby-the-Pistol for the duration of their incarcerations.
    Last edited by Gannon; March-11-13 at 11:48 AM.

I saw it all in my crystal ball idiot box. YAY!!! APPLAUSE! Last the Manoogian Parties is are OVER! King Kwame and his thug knight Bobby Ferguson are going to spend bad quality time in Club Fed! for up to 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    As long as one believes in the concept of guilt it's pretty smart to avoid things that [[consciously and unconsciously) makes one feel guilty.)
    I'm pretty sure Kilpatrick does not feel guilty. I'm pretty sure he felt entitled to any money he could make in any manner he could.

Hopefully they'll have a cell next to him for Ficano.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kilpatrick does not feel guilty. I'm pretty sure he felt entitled to any money he could make in any manner he could.
    No question. In his mind he is a victim and still won't admin to or realize he did anything wrong. Hopefully 20 years in prison will help him see the error of his ways.

Has anyone called his Mother to tell her "Y'alls boy is going to jail"?

Bernard really made out good. Have always thought he was a bit of a mastermind of this whole thing.

racketeering? wow!

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    +1

This made me LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    I agree. He was never humble. Wearing the expensive suits and always smiling. Its a shame. He could have been a hero for this city. He had the charisma. The big money he craved would have come later in legitimate ways. Glad its over now lets get a new mayor and council, let the efm do their job and get this turned around. Looking forward to what the future has in store for Detroit.

Let's get the party started!!!

Name:  kwame.jpeg
Views: 970
Size:  8.5 KB

[[consciously and unconsciously) makes one feel guilty.)I'm pretty sure Kilpatrick does not feel guilty. I'm pretty sure he felt entitled to any money he could make in any manner he could.

I'm sure subconsciously he does. That is why he's sending himself to prison thru a jury of his peers. He was raised a man of God. Even though arrogance [[ego) got the better of him doesn't mean he's not punishing himself as it seems he did today. Thinking of oneself as a victim is always a huge metaphysical mistake.

But either way... it's definitely time to move on from this... may it be a lesson learned for all of us.

Self is the root, the tree, and the branches of all the evils of our fallen state. -William Law

Sure do hope that the local chattering class keeps in mind that this was a Justice Department action. A Federal Department headed by a black man, Eric Holder, who serves at the pleasure of Mr. Obama.

the professional barbershoppers should fill their mouths with the concept that this is not a case of a black man being railroaded, but rather of black men standing up for the rule of law and against public corruption.

buh bye Kwame
    Name:  fingersmiley.gif
Views: 940
Size:  3.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Also, for the folks who will be having a shot at the pubs for every ‘guilty’ count delivered, hopefully instead of gloating in the “confirmation”of their long-held hyper-animosity against Detroit, they will be compelled to get involved in the efforts to help out the city [[e.g., volunteer), as any conviction or acquittal doesn’t do a blessed thing to help out day-to-day life here.

Wow, Kwame and Ferguson are remanded until sentencing. Bernard stays out on bond.

Just in. Bond revoked for Kwame and Bobby.

This is a brilliant move.

Let the old man out to run around 'one last time' for the family.

He is now a guilty version of the Will Smith character in Enemy of the State. There'll be an entire team tasked with tracking his every breath...every move...every bond he breaks.

They want to know where the rest of the money is hidden, and who they've tasked with 'taking care of business'. The NEXT circle-of-influence who are already on the Fed's radar screen.

All the while, the boys are locked up and those who still support them will be tempted to cause some public ruckus. It'd be funny if they could nail Bernard on inciting a riot, that'd be icing on the cake for this epic screenplay.

Since we're aiming to get it done in Hollywood, something has to blow up.

No cheers on that eventuality. None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Per the DetNews Twitter
    Kilpatrick made one last request before being taken into custody. Don't cuff me in front of my mom. Request denied.
    She must have been in the Courtroom. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Per the DetNews Twitter

She must have been in the Courtroom. Hilarious.
    She was, good for her. Unbridled Hubris of this whole bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    There'll be an entire team tasked with tracking his every breath...every move...every bond he breaks.
    I see what you did there.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast