Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Parking Tickets

Alright, so my wife got a parking ticket back in June of 2012, and I distinctly remember paying it. Problem is, I need to sift through my old bank statements to prove it.

I paid it when it was only $10, and now they're coming back and saying I owe them $50.

Does anyone know what paid Detroit Parking Tickets show up as on bank statements?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jeduncan View Post
    Alright, so my wife got a parking ticket back in June of 2012, and I distinctly remember paying it. Problem is, I need to sift through my old bank statements to prove it.

I paid it when it was only $10, and now they're coming back and saying I owe them $50.

Does anyone know what paid Detroit Parking Tickets show up as on bank statements?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!
    I had this same scenario happen to me years back. I eneded up paying $40 the 2nd time. Now I make sure I save the receipts. Did you pay by check or CC online? It wasn't that long ago, so you should be able to pull up either statement up online. Your bank might even allow you to view the cancelled check online. Your CC account will show an entry paid to the COD Traffic Violations. If you sent them cash in an envelope, you're hosed.

Paid mine with CC and it shows up as "DETROIT MI PARKING W DETROIT MI" on the statement

You can always go to the court [[I recommend using another car!) and contest it. I heard one guy ask the guard what to do to contest a ticket there. The guard pointed into the court and said, "Do what everybody else do: Go in there and lie."

I humbly suggest you do same.

Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to start digging in the bank statements. More likely than not, I'll just end up having to pay it and be bitter about it for a while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jeduncan View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to start digging in the bank statements. More likely than not, I'll just end up having to pay it and be bitter about it for a while lol.
    Don't be bitter. Look @ it this way, you're helping to keep Joann Watson on the payroll a while longer.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014040...s-increase-fee

$45 for an expired meter? Really? That's patently ridiculous. I'm all for increasing the fines for more severe violations but come on. And then eliminating the "pay quickly" discount will also significantly decrease the number of people actually paying these fines.

I would agree that $10 for an expired meter is probably too low, since it costs more than that to park at a garage in downtown. But $45 is insanity, especially since a large number of the meters don't even work properly.