Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mike Duggan takes commanding lead in Detroit Mayoral polls.

First Poll results are in: Recent source from Mitchell Research and Communications took a Detroit city wide survey and reported that candidate and former DMC CEO Chairman Mike Duggan takes a commanding lead over former Detroit Police Chief now Wayne County Sheriff Commissioner Benny Napoleon.

Here is the poll precentages:

DUGGAN 42%

NAPOLEON 30%

UNDECIDED 29%

In the Meantime Detroit mayor Dave Bing is losing out of the race and may not run again for second term. If election ran today this would be the result:

DUGGAN 56%

BING 12%

UNDECIDED 33%

In a six way race this would be a result before the August Primary:

DUGGAN 40%

NAPOLEON 21%

CRITTENDON 6%

HOWZE 5%

Bing would be absolutely out of the race!

How you all feel about this poll? Is Detroit ready for a white mayor? Or keep going with the Black Detroit mayor leaders? When growing up in Detroit from 1977 to 2006. I see Coleman Young doing his Kleptocratic [[blaming white people cussing attitude.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvTvLk2zySw

I see Dennis Archer building Downtown Detroit one area at a time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojM0SKMi544

I see Kwame Kilpatrick turning Detroit into his own personal whorehouse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQ4VCqpQzY

I see Dave Bing being a old fashioned bad businessman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSfcHKbYEBM

Detroit needs to change fast and quick before an emergency
    manager takes over becomes "CAESAR" of Detroit. Hopefully a new mayor would cooperate with a EM , its city goverment or its people in order to show the world that Detroit can and will be a ' A rennaisance city.'

I don't understand why they don't suspend the mayor and council positions when an EFM takes over. When he's ready to step aside hold an election and start with a clean slate.

I can't stand Benny. Bing probably won't run. He has health issues. Wish a better candidate runs, but who? Or is it whom? My grammar not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I don't understand why they don't suspend the mayor and council positions when an EFM takes over. When he's ready to step aside hold an election and start with a clean slate.
    I usually think talk of riots and violence is racially tinged baloney.

However if you honestly and truly want to see some UGLY shit pop off, try what you just suggested.

As for the topic, from what I read this polling firm has been shit-in-pants retarded in recent history.

Which is a shame seeing I want Duggan for Mayor.

Can up tighty whitey really win the Mayors seat in a majority African American city such as Detroit where race is its life blood and permeates many issues. I guess we'll see....

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    Can up tighty whitey really win the Mayors seat in a majority African American city such as Detroit where race is its life blood and permeates many issues. I guess we'll see....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_O%27Malley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_L...yoral_election

Where did this fiction come from black people in general and Detroiters in specific are so stupid they can only due to race, and not in their perceived best interests?

What sterling white candidates for Mayor, council or dogcatcher did Detroiters fail to vote for?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Don, because that would be the exact opposite of what you want.

You really want your leadership to lead during times of crisis.

If leadership evaporates, or spends its time fighting the EFM, they're not helping Detroit.

If leadership steps up the plate, and develops a great plan -- helps navigate out of this crisis -- and strengthens Detroit for the day the EFM leaves, they are helping Detroit.

I don't like Duggan much, but I just listened to his interview on Craig Fahle's show yesterday. Duggan isn't saying 'let's fight this EFM thing' -- he's saying I don't like the governor, but his numbers are pretty much right. Let's get to work crafting our own plan, proving that its good, and forcing the governor to rescind his EFM. That's exactly the kind of aggressive, productive action that the mayor and council should be taking.

Don't buy into this idea that EFM makes local control evaporate. It only evaporates if your officials fight rather than fix.

I believe that Duggan has the lead and I believe Duggan has a great chance of winning this thing. What I don't believe are the numbers coming out of Mitchell polling who has a republican leaning. I understand his poll only included land lines but he said he supposedly corrected for cell phones. If you poll in the city and don't accuracy account for cell phones then your poll isn't worth the paper it was written on. This is also the same guy who said Michigan was a toss-up between Romney and Obama. Even the national pollsters knew the race in Michigan wasn't close. Nate Silver ripped him good about that in his blog. This is a local pollster who is suppose to have the pulse of Michigan and Detroit at his fingertips and I can't trust his numbers because in the back of my mind I feel he has an agenda at play.

never, ever trust a poll and especially if its a Detroit poll.
    This is setting up nicely for Duggan, regardless of a EFM there will be an election for mayor. The powers that be want him in.

Detroit is an incredibly difficult place to poll in. Landline responses are going to be heavily skewed toward employed middle class citizens. This group will vote in high percentages, but it is a far smaller percentage of the vote than in other jurisdictions. It is also much whiter group than the overall Detroit vote. Mr. Duggan might very well win the election, and maybe even win it easily. But a startlingly high percentage of Detroit voters are unreachable to pollsters. Makes it almost impossible to execute a reliable Detroit poll.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Detroit is an incredibly difficult place to poll in. Landline responses are going to be heavily skewed toward employed middle class citizens. .
    Totally agree, and the outcome of the incorrect poll is then used to fuel the fire for the candidate in question.

I wonder when the public debates will take place- I hope that all the candidates will get featured, not just duggan and napoleon.

[[and has Napoleon officially announced his candidacy yet? if not, i'm just wondering what's the delay.. some kind of tactic?)

Emergency Manager or not Detroit needs new leadership. Mike Duggan could be that hope. He saved DMC from going bankrupt. He save the SMART bus system from going down the tubes. He Duggan did is he eliminate the bad apples that run the businesses. Those who are lazy under his leadership will be let go at will before he even tells you. When he becomes mayor of Detroit. He's going to do the same business practices from his recent jobs. Cleaning up corruption in the Detroit City Government. Elimate animosities within the city council, restore city sevices to every last Detroit neighborhood from River to Five Pointes. It's not going to be pretty for Mike or Detroiters, but give it about 15 to 30 years Detroit will get better.

ELECT MIKE DUGGAN FOR MAYOR OF DETROIT.

And DO NOT play race cards, too.