Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Campbell Ewald Moving Offices to Ford Field

Wow...this is pretty big. Great to see this space finally taken up. I'll be curious to see how long it takes to fill up the building PwC was in before they headed to Woodward.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ehouse-at-ford
    Last edited by stinkytofu; March-05-13 at 01:06 PM.

Default Campbell Ewald to move headquarters to Hudson's warehouse at Ford Field

Obligatory "Will House of Blues follow them to that space?" post.

Now this is a surprise.

I guess they grew tired of Warren.

This is great because it helps expand the ring of downtown outward a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Now this is a surprise.

I guess they grew tired of Warren.
    It makes sense. Their huge account for almost a century was Chevy and they lost it a few years ago. Not nearly as much reason to be near the GM Tech Center in the middle of nowhere of Warren...might as well come downtown and broaden their horizons. This adds an element of excitement to the agency. Solid move.

Shollin Guest

It's great when Detroit poaches jobs from the suburbs but not the other way around. Campbell Ewald had a big office in Warren. Is the space in Ford Field bigger? perhaps they're downsizing after losing the GM account?

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    It makes sense. Their huge account for almost a century was Chevy and they lost it a few years ago. Not nearly as much reason to be near the GM Tech Center in the middle of nowhere of Warren...might as well come downtown and broaden their horizons. This adds an element of excitement to the agency. Solid move.
    LMAO middle of nowhere in Warren? What's funny is in most of Detroit people would feel they are in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    It's great when Detroit poaches jobs from the suburbs but not the other way around. Campbell Ewald had a big office in Warren. Is the space in Ford Field bigger? perhaps they're downsizing after losing the GM account?
    To be fair, Campbell Ewald started in Detroit and was in the city till 1978 when Warren poached it.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Maybe they landed Ford?

What a coincidence, Campwell Ewald is moving there too.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-05-13 at 01:46 PM.

LMAO middle of nowhere in Warren? What's funny is in most of Detroit people would feel they are in the middle of nowhere.
    Point being that location in Warren is not at all in a good location in terms of being near other large companies. Other than GM across the street there isn't much of anything. It makes sense to locate themselves next door to countless large companies downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe they landed Ford?
    Team Detroit [[based in Dearborn across from Ford's HQ) has the Ford account on lock.

Besides, it wouldn't make sense for them to move downtown when Ford [[Fordland) would have probably given them a sweet deal to locate on Fairlane

They've laid off hundreds of employees over the last few years, but I think they are stabilized now. The advertising agencies in Detroit were ravaged during the downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Team Detroit [[based in Dearborn across from Ford's HQ) has the Ford account on lock.

Besides, it wouldn't make sense for them to move downtown when Ford [[Fordland) would have probably given them a sweet deal to locate on Fairlane
    Maybe. I know Bill's shed a lot of property in the last few years.

Sounds like more than 600 employees and move-in is set for January, 2014. Great stuff.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013030...text|FRONTPAGE
    Last edited by stinkytofu; March-05-13 at 01:55 PM.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    To be fair, Campbell Ewald started in Detroit and was in the city till 1978 when Warren poached it.
    Yea I just like how people on this forum get excited when jobs move from the suburbs to Detroit. If it was a new company hiring new employees downtown I would be more excited.

Yea I just like how people on this forum get excited when jobs move from the suburbs to Detroit. If it was a new company hiring new employees downtown I would be more excited.
    Amen. Detroit's got a lot of unemployed ad execs.

Sure they had a big space but not using it all... not since the downsizing over the last 10 years ala Chevy etc.

Moving employees downtown helps to strengthen downtown. Nobody gives a shit if some suburb gets a few more employees because it doesn't matter to the region one bit. Will this really affect Warren? Probably not.

Great news! imo it's hard to take them seriously at their old location. Could you imagine being a client, going to meeting about your ad that's going to cost millions to create and then millions more to run on tv, and you thought you hired some cutting edge ad agency, and there you are, driving on van dyke entering into a dumpy building. An ad agency should know better than anyone the way a building and location affects branding and impressions.

But now they're moving into Ford Field which isn't exactly architecturally distinguished. You'd think that being a design company, they would move into an architecturally distinguished building that reflects their company's image. Ford Field is pretty much as undistinguished and bland as you can get while still being downtown. I also feel like, even though it's downtown it's not very close to anything and their employees won't really get the benefit of being downtown.

So, based on some back of the envelope calculations considering that the entire leasable space is 230,000 square feet, a typical floor plan as 24,000 square feet [[source - Ford Field website), Campbell-Ewald is leasing 5 floors and the building is currently at 30% occupancy; this move should raise the occupancy rate to roughly 82%. Not a bad day for the management team.

Yikes I didn't realize how much space they took. I take back my comment about them not finding a better building, I think it would be hard to find that much space.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Great news! imo it's hard to take them seriously at their old location. Could you imagine being a client, going to meeting about your ad that's going to cost millions to create and then millions more to run on tv, and you thought you hired some cutting edge ad agency, and there you are, driving on van dyke entering into a dumpy building. An ad agency should know better than anyone the way a building and location affects branding and impressions.

But now they're moving into Ford Field which isn't exactly architecturally distinguished. You'd think that being a design company, they would move into an architecturally distinguished building that reflects their company's image. Ford Field is pretty much as undistinguished and bland as you can get while still being downtown. I also feel like, even though it's downtown it's not very close to anything and their employees won't really get the benefit of being downtown.
    Could you imagine being a client and driving down 75 and seeing the abandoned looking Russell Industrial Center, abandoned Fisher Body Plant, abndoned Brewster-Douglas towers, and who can forget all the vacant land surrounding the Massonic Temple if they come down Woodward, and then come to a company headquartered in a football stadium?

What benefit does downtown offer besides a longer commute and Detroit income tax?

Huge loss for Warren, that has done over 10 mills of tax increases the last 4 years.

Great addition for downtown!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast