Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

There's plenty out there that shows that's exactly the case, your protestations to the contrary. Show us how Dave Bing is still in charge of DWSD. All the evidence shows that Cox is running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Romney for EFM!

OH HELL NO!
    LOL, I think Romney would do a very good job as EFM, but I think he'd be the wrong choice because of the people of Detroit wholly rejecting him.

I voted for Obama because I'm anti-war, anti-Tea Party, anti-protect the rich. But I think Romney would be very capable of doing the dirty work that need to be done to right the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    There's plenty out there that shows that's exactly the case, your protestations to the contrary. Show us how Dave Bing is still in charge of DWSD. All the evidence shows that Cox is running the show.
    To the contrary. I've shown that the City holds 4 of the 7 seats on the Water Board.

Demonstrate how the City, subject to the court's approval, does not ultimately have authority over Water and Sewer.

Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Eber Brock Ward View Post
    To the contrary. I've shown that the City holds 4 of the 7 seats on the Water Board.

Demonstrate how the City, subject to the court's approval, does not ultimately have authority over Water and Sewer.

Go!
    Just like the EFM discussion, any input whatsoever from the outside is viewed as dictatorial control. If anything, you'd think court oversight would encourage cleanup of DWSD. Instead, they fight every step of the way when they should be helping. This attitude is so destructive. "Its all Cox's fault." "Its all Snyder's fault." Its always someone else, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Just like the EFM discussion, any input whatsoever from the outside is viewed as dictatorial control. If anything, you'd think court oversight would encourage cleanup of DWSD. Instead, they fight every step of the way when they should be helping. This attitude is so destructive. "Its all Cox's fault." "Its all Snyder's fault." Its always someone else, isn't it.
    You're right. What is needed is a benevolent dictator [[an oxymoron?) that is in total charge of running everything, like an EFM, who is capable of destroying entrenched special interests, and collecting/redirecting funds. My experience is that the more people involved in a decision the weaker/lousier the decision. [[an example is City Council - I rest my case!). I've noticed there's a lot of critics of EFMs on this site claiming they haven't worked anywhere, but nowhere have I seen a claim that they've made a problem worse. So I'm sure that they have all been begrudgingly somewhat successful in a relatively short time [[relative to the time the people had to screw the places up in the first place). I have relatives in St. Joseph so I visit the Benton Harbor area annually; it certainly emits a better aura that I have previously known in about 20 years.

EFM ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
    Anyone that uses Tom Barrow's information as a reason to object to an EFM in Detroit, is truly misinformed. They have no idea how mismanaged, the city of Detroit truly has been. No one likes to be under the rule of one man, but today it is a necessary evil. The true citizens of Detroit are voting with their feet. They are leaving because it isn't safe here. The buses don't run on time. The police and fire department don't come when you call them, and by the time they do, it's too late. Crime is high and those that are left are unable to leave because they can't afford to. However, believe me when I say this that when they are, they will not stay here. While the EFM is here, I hope that there will be plenty of arrests in the city-county building, because there are plenty of thieves there.
    Then enlighten me about what is so wrong with what Barrow advocates. He is basically saying Chapter Nine now on Detroit's call, not the State's. I don't really care about past with him; like I said -- don't know him only from what I heard on WTBN [[W Tea Bagger Nation radio aka WJR). We all know that this whole thing will most likely wind up in bankruptcy. Why wait? Why should we have an EM/EFM as a middle man that will draw and quarter the city out it Republican allies so that there is nothing left for bankruptcy?

It's a real fucking shame that Bing helped Synder win. Bing's just another old, tired ass Boomer loser who has lost his way -- just like so many that have contributed to Detroit's downfall. It's clear that his only intention was this very moment: To hand the City over to the State.

Bing will get his payoff for playing ball just like Andy Dillion did.

Once we all become the Great State of BiffCo, things will be just fine I guess.

BTW -- I know just how mismanaged the city is. But I will never be bullied into thinking that Hobbsian Fear is the only way to salvation. There are a lot of people high up in the hills that are looking down on this situation as a fat cow ready for slaughter.

Be damned the taxpayer; the people who the government is supposed to keep safe and happy. As long as they have theirs' be damned you for asking for yours. Tea Baggers will say over and over that you have already filled you stomachs full at the trough of the public taxpayer for far too long, while these fat bastards take away your liberties and democracy. So long as the Reagan Welfare Momma is gettin`beat -- all's good.

The last time a group of folks took advantage of us they wound up loosing colonies and a lot more.

While the Republicans have no will to truly and ethically lead, no tools to be proper cultural stewards of taxpayer assets and have been sucking up taxpayer monies by passing and dragging known unconstitutionally enacted laws through out courts as a means to further their bastard agenda -- most of us have been too focused on Detroit to realize that the storm that has gathered behind us from the degenerates in Grand Rapids is the end this great State if we stand by and let it happen.

This is a fight that I wish I would fund with billions of dollars.

Unfortunately, I have only blood, sweat and tears. Be that as it may; this is far more valuable than the corrupt bastardage double-Dicks fortunes combined.

Yes, Detroit; you've now been double-dick-donged by a couple of conspiring Capitalist Pig Dogs. Many on the right side of this issue cried while you said it was OK because of what had happened in the past -- we need someone like Bing. Things will just alright; it couldn't be worse than Kwame.

Shit, at least he'll be getting three square a day while grannies and children will be out in the street.

We the People.

We the People.

Vote for no confidence in Bing.

Impeach the Motherfucker Bing and get rid of him now.

Make a statement.

I know it's too bad that Council has lost so much creditability over the years; and that worked into the Republicans favor.

Call those bastards at the State level and tell'em how you feel. Instead of bitching at a worthless Council meeting or on worthless websites, pick up that fucking phone and call each and every one of those Tea Bagger government fucks every hour every half hour.

Jam the phone lines.

Pastors; get the fuck out behind the pulit and do some work. Get some phone banks together with local folks.

Organize!

Organize!

Fucking ORGANIZE!!!!
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; March-05-13 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Be damned the taxpayer; the people who the government is supposed to keep safe and happy. As long as they have theirs' be damned you for asking for yours. Tea Baggers will say over and over that you have already filled you stomachs full at the trough of the public taxpayer for far too long, while these fat bastards take away your liberties and democracy. So long as the Reagan Welfare Momma is gettin`beat -- all's good.
    ...snip...Fucking ORGANIZE!!!!
    Punk,

1) Safe and Happy? Government should not keep you safe and happy. It should provide public safety. And it should allow you 'the PURSUIT of happiness'.

2) Damned you for asking for yours? Yes, because its your job to create yours, not yours to 'ask' from others. Make your own wealth, please. Its done all the time.

3) Stop with the obscenities, please. You are entitled to your strident opinion. Do so politely, please. If you position is compelling, you'll get support. Being rude doesn't wear well.

"1) Safe and Happy? Government should not keep you safe and happy. It should provide public safety. And it should allow you 'the PURSUIT of happiness'.

You conveniently forget about the social compact that help found this great country and you screwed your point by basically saying that people should be safe and happy.

Look up John Looke when you get a chance and be begin to live an enlightened life --- albeit about a hundred years late but hey, better late than never I guess.

"Damned you for asking for yours? Yes, because its your job to create yours, not yours to 'ask' from others. Make your own wealth, please. Its done all the time."

The "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" is a well known fallacy and is commonly used by folks like you to justify your selfish ways of life.

"3) Stop with the obscenities, please. You are entitled to your strident opinion. Do so politely, please. If you position is compelling, you'll get support. Being rude doesn't wear well.

Excuse me. You will NOT silence me and I will NOT be lectured from the likes of you. You are neither the moderator of this site nor my mother. Obvioulsy you are drunk with power like your Tea Bagger "Daddy State" pals.
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; March-05-13 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    "1) Safe and Happy? Government should not keep you safe and happy. It should provide public safety. And it should allow you 'the PURSUIT of happiness'.

You conveniently forget about the social compact that help found this great country and you screwed your point by basically saying that people should be safe and happy.
    ...snip...
    Kindly fuck off.
    Before I go about fucking off, please enlighten me on your view of the 'social compact' that founded this country.

"Before I go about fucking off, please enlighten me on your view of the 'social compact' that founded this country."

Poor form; you Mouch.

You want me to do your homework for you; PM me and we can set something up but I will let you know up front that research time is billable.

^^^^^Sir, now watch the language.....just look at it, that's all..... LOL

If anything, Locke would most approximate a modern libertarian.

Citing Locke supports Wesley, punk.

Punk: If the "Grand Rapids" approach is so bad, how come Detroit is the third world hell hole and Grand Rapids is in pretty good shape? If Republicans are so bad, why did George Romney [[Mitt's dad) have to step in and save Michigan from bankruptcy after twelve years of Democrat [[Soapy Williams and John Swainson) mismanagement?

I'm hoping the EM is Harvey Keitel in a tuxedo. "Oh, you sendin the Wolf?..."

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    I'm hoping the EM is Harvey Keitel in a tuxedo. "Oh, you sendin the Wolf?..."

"hey everything's gonna be alright, Snyder's sending the Wolf".....

With the knowledge of how the world should work clearly outlined in Post #132 b'punk it makes one surmise you have an insider's view; gained from either working directly for the City or on welfare having the time to do the research. Whichever it is, it's brilliant and could form the basis for a full recovery without an EM. I love your turn of phrase. "Fucking ORGANIZE" - it's so original. Have you contacted Mr. Pugh?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6