Very thoughtful post supersport.

In thinking more about Bing v Cockrel it seems that Cockrel is starting to manage public policy versus economics versus the wishes of the people and at least is coming up with something people can live with.

I keep coming back to the school issue with Bing, not so much as the undergrad dates because he has a reasonable spin on it and I can give him a pass on that. Now I'm bothered by the lie to cover the lie but all in all I can let that go.

What I'm having problems with is the blatant misrepresentation of having an MBA, having it on his resume and talking about it in an NBA video. You can't spin this, this gives you an insight into his character. You see this crack in his carefully spun good guy PR persona. I would suggest there are other cracks , I just don't want to have to discover those after he is already in office.

You always do a diservice when you misrepresent yourself in this fashion. I know people who said getting an MBA was the single hardest academic achievement they made in there life and Mr. Bing dismisses that by what he did.

Mr. Bing also stated he would appoint a job czar. Now on the surface this sounds like a good idea, but if we really think about this some more this seems like more political fluff.

First of all Mr. Bing is suppose to be the jobs expert why pay for a cabinet level position to do something he should be capable of doing ? Simple. His businesses has been mentored and hand held by Ford and GM purchasing execs to the point that failure was close to 0%

Secondly what is this jobs czar suppose to do ? increase the size of DPS and city government because thats who the majority of Detroiters work for.

I feel a better use of time and money would be for the mayor to contact the deans of the business and economics department of Wayne State University and the University of Detroit and have them put together an all-star group of graduate students to study and present recommendations to create more jobs in Detroit.
I bet you would get better information and more out the box recommendations than some job czar.