Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    I'm still not convinced of a conviction. All it takes is one Juror........

[[and I hope I'm wrong in this case)
    I'm with you. He might get charged for some of the crimes, but I bet him, his Daddy and Ferguson get off on some of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I'm likewise suspicious of use of RICO racketeering statutes, but if you believe criminal acts took place, and you believe it was a group action [[that is they acted together to defraud), then it does seem to be a 'criminal enterprise' by dictionary definition. It sure looks like they collectively acted to steal to me.
    RICO is racketeering. It does not have to be done by more than one person, and is applied to anyone who has committed at least two instances of a number of crimes. For the KK gang, bribery, extortion, embezzlement and fraud are the crimes that apply to RICO

Boy the media has done a good job on you guys. Damn shame in my book.

If you follow the FACTS of this case they SHOULD get off Scott free. More than enough reasonable doubt. Hatred and half truths fuel your opinions. I bet half of y'all ignorant son's still think he killed a stripper. And y'all wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    If you follow the FACTS of this case they SHOULD get off Scott free. More than enough reasonable doubt. Hatred and half truths fuel your opinions. I bet half of y'all ignorant son's still think he killed a stripper. And y'all wonder why...
    You're writing skills are directly proportional to your ability to disguise the obvious bias and shill-like status you possess.

They're guilty as sin and should spend a long time in jail. For how much they cost the city, it is justified to want to see their asses thrown in jail for a long time.

Losers.
    Last edited by TKshreve; February-14-13 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    You're writing skills are directly proportional to your ability to disguise the obvious bias and shill-like status you possess.

They're guilty as sin and should spend a long time in jail. For how much they cost the city, it is justified to want to see their asses thrown in jail for a long time.

Losers.
    LOL Typical response. Just typical. And they cost the city how much??? Look at the City NOW. 5 years later. Hmmmmm. I guess its just so easy and comfortable to Blame KMK. SMH so typical. What are they "guilty as sin" of??? Oh thats right whatever the media said they are guilty of. SMH and yall wonder why we all just cant get along

Boy the media has done a good job on you guys.
    Which Kilpatrick are you?

Seriously? you think they should get off? what leads you to "reasonable doubt?"

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Which Kilpatrick are you?
    So Typical. It's all the same. Typical. It's just funny now. I've been following this fiasco for a long time and it's a damn shame how much the media and prejudices can make all this happen. Granted KMK wasn't a saint but he dont deserve all this. So many BOLD FACED LIES written and reported about him is nuts. The witnesses in this case were shredded. The government can't even tell us how much was given,earned or bribed or kicked back. Feelings are fueling this not hardcore evidence.
    Last edited by 313hero; February-14-13 at 08:15 PM.

You MUST be related. No one else would defend them.

Are you serious...hundreds of people have defended them?

How are you getting the FACTS of this case? Are you in the courtroom every day or just skimming info from the newspapers like the rest of us? Ferguson got off last year because one juror was co-opted, not because he wasn't guilty. The rest of this group is dirty as the day is long, but supporters like you will rally behind them right up the steps to the gallows. Wake up and get your head out of the sand. The last five years is a direct result of the pillaging they did while in power. That's their legacy. We have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Are you serious...hundreds of people have defended them?
    No one with half a brain!

Try talking to some Detroiters that's under 40 and lived here our entire lives. Try it. You going off of your circle. People all over the country still love him and support him. Didn't he go to jail for not reporting 2k that a Pastor from Chicago gave him? Tell me what KMK did and not some old pillaged Detroit crap. Remember its not one embezzlement charge. Hmmmmm. Propaganda works wonders doesn't it?

Try talking to some Detroiters that's under 40 and lived here our entire lives. Try it. You going off of your circle. People all over the country still love him and support him.
    and that is a sad statement about our country

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    and that is a sad statement about our country
    I would universally say I wish I had the means to help pay for every Detroiter under 40 to spend 1 year in Atlanta, DC, or New York.

Maybe it's they who need to "get out of their circle" and see how much better life could be with real leadership, education, and cooperation.

[[and it's not just Detroiters under 40. I'd send lots of suburbanites on my "exchange student" experiment, too.)

Of course he has supporters. There are plenty of individuals he helped out within his circle. Plenty are still holding some of the money like the Chicago preacher.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Of course he has supporters. There are plenty of individuals he helped out within his circle. Plenty are still holding some of the money like the Chicago preacher.
    Typical. Soooo. Typical and your response is based on what? Facts? No. Propaganda? Yes

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I would universally say I wish I had the means to help pay for every Detroiter under 40 to spend 1 year in Atlanta, DC, or New York.

Maybe it's they who need to "get out of their circle" and see how much better life could be with real leadership, education, and cooperation.

[[and it's not just Detroiters under 40. I'd send lots of suburbanites on my "exchange student" experiment, too.)
    LOL I've spent plenty of time in all of those locations above and its like comparing apples to oranges. Atlanta is going down, DC is getting better, NY is NY cant compare. MOST of Detroits problems are far beyond the reach of ANY elected official. Now granted the CC has been a thorn in this city for over a decade however you cant say or act as if ALL of these problems are a direct result of failed leadership.

Typical. Soooo. Typical and your response is based on what? Facts? No. Propaganda? Yes
    They got Al Capone for tax evasion too. Even if one were to discount the "propaganda" [[as you call it) regarding the pay to play nature of the Kilpatrick administration, the simple fact remains he engaged in multiple schemes to evade taxes. Charities do not pay for your kid's sports camps, tuition, family trips...etc.

Defend him all you want.. You're entitled to your ignorance. You're just not entitled to your own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    I always thought he was too young, too immature, & too inexperienced to run Detroit. I think his immaturity played a significant part in his downfall.
    Youth, immaturity, and inexperience do not explain criminal behavior.

To suggest that it wasn't personal faults is unfair to honorable people with youth and inexperience, who bring great maturity to bear.

There do seem to be a lot of people in the Detroit area that live in little bubbles - like the Republicans in their Fox News/talk radio bubble. We have the suburban "i'm scared of Detroit" bubble, the Detroit "anyone who says they want to help the city just want to steal its jewels" bubble, the "Kwame is being set up by the people who want to steal Detroit's jewels" bubble, etc.

LOL I've spent plenty of time in all of those locations above and its like comparing apples to oranges. Atlanta is going down, DC is getting better, NY is NY cant compare. MOST of Detroits problems are far beyond the reach of ANY elected official. Now granted the CC has been a thorn in this city for over a decade however you cant say or act as if ALL of these problems are a direct result of failed leadership.
    Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else. I am not and was not blaming Kwame or CC or any one single entity on where we are right now.

But for those people who think that "Kwame was just doing his job" once you leave the City of Detroit, his supporters dwindle and all but disappear.

There's a reason why Sharpton, Jackson, and company aren't out here trying to assert that Kwame is getting screwed.

But for those people who think that "Kwame was just doing his job" once you leave the City of Detroit, his supporters dwindle and all but disappear.

There's a reason why Sharpton, Jackson, and company aren't out here trying to assert that Kwame is getting screwed.
    Yes his supporters dwindle OUTSIDE the CITY because they are OUTSIDE the CITY. They DONT LIVE Here so all they go off is what the TV tells them. I would hate KMK too if all I was going off was what the media said. But life in the D was better and progressing under KMK

But life in the D was better and progressing under KMK
    Progressing towards oblivion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast