Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Detroit Taxi Ripoff thread

OK, its a well known fact that pretty much any cab driver downtown on a big suburban event day [[sports games, festivals, etc) won't run the meter and tries to overcharge a flat fee for any distance traveled. This is both illegal and .........ey [[ i guess the french word for shower gets one censored ). Today i had a really bad one who tried to increase it from $10 [[actually reasonable) to $20 for a ride to the WSU area, mid ride.

I'd like to keep a running list on here of any cab or driver known to do this, especially ones who try to change the cost mid-ride. I'll start here: [[Unfortunately I did not get a chance to catch his name or plate number as we got in a bit of a fight.)

Crown Cab [[red and white) # 963
    Last edited by j to the jeremy; February-09-13 at 06:08 PM.