Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Paczki Day 2013

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Paczki day is such bullshit. Why is it so hard to just add them to the menu for a day? There's no valid reason every other item should be taken OFF the menu just because its Paczki day. Its so irritating when I walk into the donut shop, order my usual, only to be told that I can't have it because its f-ing Paczki day. If they were that good, then they wouldn't be celebrated just one day a year.
    So you don't feel YOU have a problem when you can't go without your usual donut one day a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    So you don't feel YOU have a problem when you can't go without your usual donut one day a year?
    Why should I have to? When you have a morning routine, you develop an expectation of how your morning is going to go, and its frustrating when it gets thrown off for no good reason. What is so hard about just making packzi another item on the menu for a day?

artds,

Paczki Day is the very equivalent of Mardi Gras which literally means Fat Tuesday. During Lent, Catholics are not supposed to eat rich, greasy, foods so the fat is used up before Ash Wednesday. Hence, the paczki are a LOT fatter, greaser, heavier, than regular donuts.

Oh, and by the way, my favorite bakery, Heritage DOES still carry all the regular donuts, danish, etc. in paczki day. When I was picking up my order, the guy behind me bought a doz. cinnamon rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Why should I have to? When you have a morning routine, you develop an expectation of how your morning is going to go, and its frustrating when it gets thrown off for no good reason. What is so hard about just making packzi another item on the menu for a day?
    If you get frustrated by not being able to have the same donut every day, you really should be fortunate that you don't have more serious issues to worry about. What do you do on Sundays when most bakeries are closed? Why did you not just buy 2 donuts on Monday?

I'm guessing you're not giving up donuts for Lent!

Lent is what I pick off of my clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlegumes View Post
    Lent is what I pick off of my clothes.
    Lent is why I handed that 20 to my friend....

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Lent is why I handed that 20 to my friend....
    Good way to lose a friend!

Are you saying neither a borrower or a Lenter be? [[Ok, that's the last one, I promise).

alas. My egg allergy makes it impossible for me to enjoy paczkis. Ah well.

Nah I look at those as losing $20. Its better to be out $20 than a friend. Now if it becomes habitual then its better to lose the friend! LOL

geez artds, simmer down now.

I went to a meeting today and the company had Tim Hortons Paczki's
    Thats bullshit

GUSHI Guest

Try a Muslim bakery,

One that sells dahl, achar and mango pickle in oil filled paczki!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2