Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

A lot of emotion in this thread, the same stuff repeated over and over.
    We have to move forward. There were over 400 murders in Detroit last year, why dont we concentrate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    A lot of emotion in this thread, the same stuff repeated over and over.
    We have to move forward. There were over 400 murders in Detroit last year, why dont we concentrate on that.
    I think that attitudes towards those with different opinions can be improved by discussion. Beats beatings. This is part of moving forward.

3 pages in and not ONE person has brought up this angle?

The "War on Drugs" has been a monumental failure. This is a perfect example on how the laws that make drugs illegal do more harm than the actual drugs themselves. Malice Green and the officers involved all had their lives destroyed one way or another because of this incident. Was a little rock of crack worth it?

While you don't want to blame the police for "doing their job", you can't help but think what a waste of all lives involved this was. With all the actual real crime like arson and murder in the city, why were the police so concerned over some crackhead walking down the street on a possession charge?

I know a lot of people with drug problems and I'm sure Malice Green wasn't a saint or a scholar. At the same time, when you criminalize things that aren't real crimes, you still create real criminals. Incidents like this are just unfortunate blow-back of dumb policies. I have zero respect for Malice Green, but if I had to choose, I'd take his side.

If I was on the jury I would have found those officers guilty as well, and I'm white.