Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I find it funny how so much more anger is directed at Bing than at the city counsel. They are a bunch of mindless amateurs that are trying to make a name for themselves and this is what comes out of it. They should have taken the governors proposal with open arms, but they didn't, and now they've blown it. Not only would the state have payed yearly to maintain it, but they would have also paid to improve it, and Detroit still owns it. Such fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    So, this is all a manufactured crisis. Bing is "closing" 50 parks [[that is to say, deferring what maintenance there is) and may not even have the authority to do so. So he's overstepping his authority to do something that has little impact to make a big scene in hopes of making Detroit City Council look bad.

And, given the way a lot of people, not all of them racists, hate Detroit City Council, I'm not surprised to see the illusion working on those who want to believe it.

Yes, send Bing back to his gated mansion. Let's get somebody with a vision for Detroit that doesn't come out of corporate boardrooms or nonprofit-funded think tanks.
    Can you explain to me why he would not have the authority? If that's the case then who would have the authority to stop him from closing one of, or all of, those parks?

I see Cass Park is on the hit list. Great. It can be sketchy enough with cut grass. I'm hoping some do-gooders will step up to the plate and cut the grass there for the good of the neighborhood. Given its proximity to Masonic Temple and the fact he's going to get massive handouts for his new hockey arena it really ought to be Illitch.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    I see Cass Park is on the hit list. Great. It can be sketchy enough with cut grass. I'm hoping some do-gooders will step up to the plate and cut the grass there for the good of the neighborhood. Given its proximity to Masonic Temple and the fact he's going to get massive handouts for his new hockey arena it really ought to be Illitch.
    Maybe he can deduct it out of his City tax payments?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3