Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    City council didn't vote down the Belle Isle proposal. I don't undertsand why the state had to pull the proposal? It's like Snyder said I'm going to take my ball and go home.
    If it's left on the table with no withdrawal date it merely becomes a bargaining chip that can be used in all the future begging requirements that will crop up. Council had at least 10 months to say Yes/No and they didn't say anything so a reasonable person would assume they don't need or want it. They can always ask for it to be re-instated. Snyder isn't taking his ball home he's simply making sensible decisions with our money.
    Last edited by coracle; February-01-13 at 03:43 PM.