Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    wow, just wrote 2 long critical posts on Chuck. Went to post the first one and it was suddenly blank. 2nd one was wiped out while I was typing. Something's telling me to let it go
    Not really, but if you feel that way it's OK.

Long posts are timed out here, you know, or at least they were. Best to use Word or some other program to formulate your thoughts, then copy and paste to the board.

I am not blaming the site, both long posts were screw ups on my part. Someone once said if you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all. I think that kicked in.

I am not blaming the site, both long posts were screw ups on my part. Someone once said if you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all. I think that kicked in.
    Now you're just leaving us in suspense.

If you can't post the entire reply, can you at least provide us with the cliff notes?

Is it just council that is the problem? Seems like it has fractionally improved since the corrupt and inept "Onward Christian Soldiers" days, though dealing now with a heightened economic disaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWivww3-Yfw

An oldie but goodie worth savouring.

In the current context, how would anyone productively work with even the audience still turning meetings into a circus? Seems like there is not just a problem with council, but with the ability of people involving themselves in the political process in this city to speak to each other with dignity, and hear what others have to say. Is a new council going to be able to function any better?

http://www.freep.com/article/2013020...on-a-good-show

I hope Pugh disappears. What a waste of a person.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Now you're just leaving us in suspense.

If you can't post the entire reply, can you at least provide us with the cliff notes?
    haha
    I actually did a 3rd post later that day and just before posting my internet connection quit and I lost another post.

I lost respect for Pugh in the summer of 2011 when he insisted on flirting with my 15yo male cousin and refused to back off when he was made aware of his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Detroit City Council President Charles Pugh has announced that he will not seek re-election this fall. He plans to return to broadcast media as told in an interview with the Freep's Rochelle Riley. Link.

I am sure the above will draw some guffaws, but I think few can argue that at the antic level council has been a far more dignified than the low bar set by previous councils.

Personally I find this disappointing. I think the Pugh is arguably the most articulate member of Council in a long time with unquestioned intelligence. That said, and with the chaos of city politics, I can't blame him either and wish him luck.

I hope he restores dignity and respect to himself, he certainly hasn't done so to the council.
    Will be a joyous day when Mr. "I can't balance a checkbook" goes back to Fox News. At least then I can choose not to ever see him again.

I doubt he goes to Fox again, perhaps the priest hood fits him better based on the above. YIKES!!

i doubt he goes to fox again, perhaps the priest hood fits him better based on the above. Yikes!!
    ouch!!!!!!

Pugh has no ability to be humble or show humility. It is all about himself. At no time have I ever watched him on the tube or read accounts of Pugh acting in a way that improves the lives of Detroiters or anyone for that matter. I do only know what I see in the media though.

So in other words Detroit is stuck with him indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    So in other words Detroit is stuck with him indefinitely
    Who would want him ? Too much baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    I lost respect for Pugh in the summer of 2011 when he insisted on flirting with my 15yo male cousin and refused to back off when he was made aware of his age.
    were you present at this alleged incident, aston?

Ever since Pugh 'came out' there have been "whisper campaigns" linking him to teen boys.

whatever his various faults that folks can legitimately point out, I've yet to hear anything credible that he's a predator. Especially in this era of various folks getting busted for lewd texts/tweets [[ahem, Mr. Kilpatrick, etc.) it would be the height of recklessness for him to be carrying on like that.
    Last edited by Hypestyles; February-27-13 at 03:13 PM.

Yes I was present and so was his mother and a few others. He was introduced as a minor and was mad pretty uncomfortable by being sized up and having two inappropriate comments made in front of us and later that afternoon. This guy that is supposedly his nephew that he always hangs around is pretty questionable himself. I'm gay myself and I know when someone is flirting

Just glad he will be out of politics and hopefully away from unsupervised minors

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    were you present at this alleged incident, aston?

Ever since Pugh 'came out' there have been "whisper campaigns" linking him to teen boys.

whatever his various faults that folks can legitimately point out, I've yet to hear anything credible that he's a predator. Especially in this era of various folks getting busted for lewd texts/tweets [[ahem, Mr. Kilpatrick, etc.) it would be the height of recklessness for him to be carrying on like that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3