Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Kwame Donors??

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/erik-rayford/2a/aa4/236

http://yams.sbcelginil.org/index.php...:demo-articles

And of course [[no images) Dr. Natashia Dooley... someone whom KK had been linked to romantically in the past.... wonder what Carlita will think when she reads the 14 counts and comes across her name as a donor?
    Pastor brooks has done a lot of positive things here in Chicago but I was disappointed when the story broke. I can't stand Kilpatrick but I wouldnt mind had the pastor cut the check directly to the city of Detroit. Here you go...here's your money faster. Then again...where the heck are the fundraising priorities??? Shouldn't this be diverted toward ask risk youth and ending homelessness? What about the community center?
    Last edited by wolverine; January-25-13 at 09:12 PM.

Why all the hate towards Pastor Brooks? Do Detroiter's just need "random places" to spew our anger? Are we that bitter that we'll blame some guy living in Chicago? Pastor Corey Brooks did nothing wrong or Illegal. If anyone broke the law it was KK.

The only people that Pastor Corey Brooks owes an explanation to are the people of his church. I'm sure they would have liked to have seen their money go to a better cause.

Detroiter's seem to have the need to place blame anyone possible, but you can't blame Rev. Brooks.
    Last edited by illwill; January-25-13 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    Why all the hate towards Pastor Brooks? Do Detroiter's just need "random places" to spew our anger? Are we that bitter that we'll blame some guy living in Chicago? Pastor Corey Brooks did nothing wrong or Illegal. If anyone broke the law it was KK.

The only people that Pastor Corey Brooks owes an explanation to are the people of his church. I'm sure they would have liked to have seen their money go to a better cause.

Detroiter's seem to have the need to place blame anyone possible, but you can't blame Rev. Brooks.
    Think about it like this. Suppose I need help paying my rent. you give me $100. I say thanks and then you see me buy my friend a beer for $4 because he can't afford that. Would you think my priorities were off?

Of course what he's doing isn't illegal. I've heard many stories about Brooks. He's a great man. But when the news of the Kilpatrick donation broke, it made me feel his priorities are messed up. The church he leads should be helping all the at risk youth in his neighborhood, or go toward cleaning up that hotel site he needed donations for. It's irresponsible to pool up resources for a grown man that had the privilege of being a mayor of a big city and screwing up his life with reckless decisions and lies.

What i think you may not understand illwill, is that his actions may turn away donors outside the church for his projects. That is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Think about it like this. Suppose I need help paying my rent. you give me $100. I say thanks and then you see me buy my friend a beer for $4 because he can't afford that. Would you think my priorities were off?

Of course what he's doing isn't illegal. I've heard many stories about Brooks. He's a great man. But when the news of the Kilpatrick donation broke, it made me feel his priorities are messed up. The church he leads should be helping all the at risk youth in his neighborhood, or go toward cleaning up that hotel site he needed donations for. It's irresponsible to pool up resources for a grown man that had the privilege of being a mayor of a big city and screwing up his life with reckless decisions and lies.

What i think you may not understand illwill, is that his actions may turn away donors outside the church for his projects. That is unfortunate.
    I hear what you're saying wolverine but I still don't understand the anger towards Brooks? I personally think most of these "pimps of the pulpit" are full of it and I'm certainly not a supporter of Brooks. And yes, I am aware that he does many good things for the community. But aside from Brooks' church members, I don't see how one could be angry at Brooks? I don't agree with Brooks and I think he made a very bad choice but I also think KK put him in what was at that time, an uncompromising position. That's the character of KK and many other moochers that we all know in this world. KK is scummy enough to go around and put good people in compromising positions, begging for hundreds and thousands of dollars from vulnerable people out of pity or guilt.

There has been many others that have been coaxed to give KK money out of pity. I guess Brooks took the media head on because he's an African American Pastor and the transaction just happened to be caught on camera. I'm sure Brooks never expected all of this to big such a big story.

I just think KK is a pathetic excuse of a man to go around begging people for money when he clearly could have paid his restitution up front, but instead decided to flaunt it in the face of the courts and the people of Detroit. Now he's put himself in a position where he'll be forced to leave his children behind for at least the next decade just because of his arrogance.

This brother just never learned...
    Last edited by illwill; January-26-13 at 01:05 AM.

Doesn't Kwame owe the city of Detroit restitution payments?

How much does it cost to keep someone in jail per day? Sending him to jail seems counter-productive. He can't earn money to pay the city back if he's being housed on the tax-payer's dime. Then again, he's not going to report his income anyways, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    Doesn't Kwame owe the city of Detroit restitution payments?

How much does it cost to keep someone in jail per day? Sending him to jail seems counter-productive. He can't earn money to pay the city back if he's being housed on the tax-payer's dime. Then again, he's not going to report his income anyways, so who knows.
    Kwame has no intentions on paying the city back. The city wouldn't know what to do with the money even if he did pay it back. Conclusion, not just Kwame but a whole slew of city admin need to be in jail, period.

^^^ Nah... that would displace the direct to person, house-to-house, business-to-business robbers and the murderers from their spots in the joint! ------

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Nah... that would displace the direct to person, house-to-house, business-to-business robbers and the murderers from their spots in the joint! ------
    We can expand jail space. If there is anything that gets universal approval for expanded funding no matter how broke we become as a city, state, or nation, it's funding for the industrial prison complex.

wonder how much $ KK really has.
    wonder how much he has accrued in legal fees in the last so many years

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    wonder how much $ KK really has.
    wonder how much he has accrued in legal fees in the last so many years
    How much $ in banks - poor
    How much $ in cash - unknown
    Favors that can be turned into cash or gifts when he needs - immense
    Future cash position - excellent

KK transfering $500 at a time through Moneygram, what kind of minor money is that to them? Is he doing this to cover his real assets? If he is, what a ding dong he is doing it without reporting it. I cant see him holding onto that mansion in Houston for too much longer. How the hell did he buy that place anyway?
    I feel for his wife and kids. Carlita must be at her wits end by now.

What is it about Texas that attracts Detrots gangsters? Isnt that where the big YBI guy went to retire? Butch Jones I think his name was.

I agree with others. It's sick that these "pastors" are giving their church's money to a felon.

I don't get why Kwame doesn't just downsize, live a normal life, and pay his debts. He insists on living large still, and fighting the law tooth and nail on the parole conditions from the crimes he admitted to.

Kwame just lives on another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    KK transfering $500 at a time through Moneygram, what kind of minor money is that to them? Is he doing this to cover his real assets? If he is, what a ding dong he is doing it without reporting it. I cant see him holding onto that mansion in Houston for too much longer. How the hell did he buy that place anyway?

What is it about Texas that attracts Detrots gangsters? Isnt that where the big YBI guy went to retire? Butch Jones I think his name was.
    Django, Carlita is happy she gets to enjoy the little loophole of spousal immunity, or whatever they call it when a spouse doesn't have to testify against their partner. None of this would be an issue if she hadn't gone bat-shit crazy after seein' her man getting some extra attention from a dancer at what has become the mythical party at the Manoogian during the renovations a while after he'd become mayor.

She went three-for-three with one at-bat. One down, one out, and another with more than a bruised ego. EVERYTHING he has been caught around can in some way be traced back to the cover-up from that event. It is largely her fault.

And largely his, obviously. But you'll never hear her testify under oath about any of it. They'll stay married for this very reason, at least.

As far as anyone knows, the house down in Texas is an executive rental. I don't think they have reported who pays for it.

Convicts move to Texas, because they have some legal resistance to other states enforcing financial levies and such there...I remember reading about it when trying to figure out why Kwhyme moved everyone down there in the first place.

Sorta like how many interstate truckers 'live' in Wyoming, since they used to not voluntarily share drivers license data with other states.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post

Just a FYI it's in a suburb of Dallas : http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/D...v/-/index.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2