Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    Long ago I worked at WWJ, there was a tunnel under Lafayette that we used to go into the News bldg, ate at their cafeteria. Later I worked for the Free Press until that awful strike in 1967. Things change, just something else to remember fondly and before long, forget altogether. Where is Mr. Perry? Clark Kent? Lois Lane? all sitting around with smart phones plagerizing.
    Don't forget Jimmy Olson. He actually TOOK pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Gilbert will probably buy it and its parking.
    Its to bad UM or MSU didnt have some interest in a campus in Detroit as they do in FLint as Gumby mentioned.

they both have campuses in detroit. both in midtown on woodward, and about 1 minute apart. it's funny seeing the UM flags on the street lights, then suddenly the MSU ones across the street.

I do wish they would both expand their presence a little more though

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    I do wish they would both expand their presence a little more though
    Agreed, especially now that there is a decent-sized pool of people in town who might take graduate courses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2