Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yeah, I grew up in 48208 and once got in my early twenties and live on Commonwealth and had my stuff stolen I got out. I had a young family and needed to keep it moving. The danger factor was getting too close for comfort...

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Woodbridge is just too much for me these days. Everything to the north and west is no man's land. Too much crime of opportunity - violent crime of opportunity....

Yeah there are distinctive rapports these guns make. The Avtomat Kalashnikova indeed has become the catch all for any rapid firing gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eber Brock Ward View Post
    Given how cheap AKs and knockoffs are, even if it wasn't an AK per se, "AK" works well for descriptive purposes.

Maybe our BB gunner from last week decided to up the ante.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    We all mobilized quickly. While shocked, I am not scared. I guess it helps that I lived in Chicago for years before moving here this summer.

A good post from a neighbor [[posting from my phone so sorry if it doesnt hyperlink):
    http://intodetroit.com/article/a-sho...nt-feel-unsafe
    Thanks for the link, TexasT. I learned a lot more from that blog than the local media that was linked here.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Thanks for the link, TexasT. I learned a lot more from that blog than the local media that was linked here.
    I missed that long comment at the bottom. Sad post, but informative.

I live on Commonwealth between Canfield and Lysander. I heard 4-5 shots, now I am no gun expert, but I took it to be a handgun. "Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop." Immediately ran to my back stairwell[[I am on the third floor/attic of a 2 family home) and saw what looked to be a black Ford Escape racing down Avery south. I stopped into WSUPD today and left my information with what I saw yesterday, we'll see if I get a callback.

5speed, I called WSU yesterday after it happened and they directed me to DPD, FWIW.

Well like I said I left my information, if they decide to follow up with me then I'll be happy to talk to someone.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...eighborho.html

A much more detailed article. So sad.
    Last edited by TexasT; January-22-13 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks for posting that link TexasT, really makes me sick to my stomach. After reading that it sounds like it was a total crime of opportunity. UGH.

EDIT: This has to be the first murder in the Woodbridge area in a long time right? It just seems so senseless to kill him. I usually take solace in the fact that if I ever get robbed/mugged thieves are just looking for $$ and not my life. Pure cowboy-ism/vigilantism at it's finest.
    Last edited by 5speedz34; January-22-13 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Well... the peeps in Woodbridge need more than "The Club" on their steering wheels parked out in front.... I'll say it again... Detroit is dead,... but if you insist on staying, living, working or visiting, at least get your CPL [[concealed pistol license).....
    A pistol in yer pocket is worthless if someone has already shot you. It's not as though the perp was going to offer a duel.

Condolences to the family and friends.

Just another murder in Detroit, just think of the people who live in the poorer area's. They dont have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...eighborho.html

A much more detailed article. So sad.
    This isn't the first time an incident like this has happened. There seems to be a new "game" going on, human murder for sport.

Always watch you back in the ghettoes of Detroit. You never know when you get hit with the piece in the back of your throat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2