Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Also, to Marienbad, the original poster: Fanny Mae and HUD often have great deals here in the city and outlying regions. The catch is again, one is a deal, one is bullshit; AND they will be the same listing price. Fanny will often fix up and secure a home so it won't get scrapped. Hud is not as good at this, but does offer disclosures online about the approximate condition of its properties.

You'd be 18 different kinds of a fool to buy property in an area you know so little about. You need to come here and rent for at least six months to a year before you get a clue as to what life in a new area is like.

Get a job, hang out in the bars and restaurants, learn the good and the bad of the neighborhoods -- then you'll know if it's right for you.

Besides, if you buy a place and then don't want to be here, disposing of the property might be a hassle you don't want to deal with. If you're a renter, it's much easier to leave an undesirable situation.

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ArmDetroit View Post
    Is this a joke?
    I love River Rouge. It's so small that the police can get anywhere in the city [[except Zug Island) within 60 seconds or less. Sure it's not what is used to be but for those on a slim budget it would work. My neighbors are friendly and there are few if any loud parties during the summer.

probably not, serpico is one of this blog's most negative nancies.

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    River Rouge and Ecorse are so incredibly polluted, I would never live there.

Same goes for adjacent areas of SW Detroit [[Springwells area) where you can taste the particulates from the refinery.
    The worst smell comes from the Detroit waste water plant in Delray on Jefferson. Most of the heavy industrial smell isnt what it was in the 70s. Water quality has vastly improved on the Detroit and Rouge Rivers. You can see 10 feet down in spots. Serpico caught this pike at Belanger park on 3-22-12 yeah.... I love River Rouge...Name:  3222012belangerpark.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  36.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    This may be true but now has the best pic posted. As for the other shit, I've seen the goddamn Packard Plant before, anyway.

serpico Guest

Im negative regarding the city of Detroit ever improving to some sense of normalcy... Im advising others to invest in other areas. Even Ecorse and River Rouge operate decades ahead of Detroit considering Ecorse and Rouge have Fire and Police departments that respond and have working plumbing in their facilities.

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    This may be true but now has the best pic posted. As for the other shit, I've seen the goddamn Packard Plant before, anyway.
    Thanks Poobert.... If you drop into the Rouge, I'll buy you a round at Buck's Brown Derby
    Last edited by serpico; January-22-13 at 10:38 PM.

JAYCR!
    Welcome to SW, I think you will like it here.............

and im happy for it! this place would be boring if everyone agreed all the time

serpico Guest

and im happy for it! this place would be boring if everyone agreed all the time
    Yes sir!.. time for another barley pop then it's bed time ... Peace out peeps and be safe

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    The worst smell comes from the Detroit waste water plant in Delray on Jefferson. Most of the heavy industrial smell isnt what it was in the 70s. Water quality has vastly improved on the Detroit and Rouge Rivers. You can see 10 feet down in spots. Serpico caught this pike at Belanger park on 3-22-12 yeah.... I love River Rouge...Name:  3222012belangerpark.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  36.0 KB
    NICE! What did it weigh in @? What did you use for bait?

Im negative regarding the city of Detroit ever improving to some sense of normalcy... Im advising others to invest in other areas. Even Ecorse and River Rouge operate decades ahead of Detroit considering Ecorse and Rouge have Fire and Police departments that respond and have working plumbing in their facilities.
    Yes, but does River Rouge and Ecorse have a Ho' Foods and a Moosejaw? Well, then.....

While housing is cheap, you'll more than make up the difference in car and homeowners insurance costs, maintenance, taxes [[if purchasing), crime, and other things that will increase your expenses compared to other areas.

'Barley pop'... I like that.... I'm trying to get over a cold before it starts so it will just be orange juice high-pulp!

Yes sir!.. time for another barley pop then it's bed time ... Peace out peeps and be safe

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    NICE! What did it weigh in @? What did you use for bait?
    I was using 6lb test [[no steel leader) with a homemade perch setup with minnows, the pike hit the bottom hook. I had lost my store bought setup on a snag so on this one I used a galvanized nut for my sinker and just dropped the setup straight down from the seawall in about 10 feet of water. Thank God for some other people there with a net otherwise I would not have landed it. I never weighed it or measured it. Some people took pictures and then I released it back unharmed to the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Yes, but does River Rouge and Ecorse have a Ho' Foods and a Moosejaw? Well, then.....
    No but it has this great hardware store that sells Carhartt!
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=river+...12,106.34,,0,0

Serpico, you da man with that monster pike and then releasing it. Although bragging that River Rouge has regular garbage collection and no loud parties ....

For the OP, Hamtramck was made for you. I live in Hamtramck. But you can't make such a big move without visiting first. And you should rent for a bit while looking for a house, should you buy. Also try to contact the artists mentioned, and also google Pops Packing and talk to them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2