Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anybody else think that Seth and Martin Gore of Depeche Mode could be identical twins?

What do you expect from a "reality" show that got a late jump on the scene? Of course they are going to give the public what they want..... cheap, sensational plots that satisfy a heated stereotype.

As if 95% of these type of shows even deserve to be around? The towing shows, or the alligator-hunter shows, or even the gold shows. I find it insulting to be honest. Makes me feel like I should be gullible and under-informed in order to watch an average television show these days.

What's the saddest part of it all? Common-folk and their sub-par interests which feed the fire of demand for shoddy entertainment such as this. Can there really be that many people who watch this trash? God are we headed in the wrong direction, or what?

My son's favorite is the "Duck Dynasty" show, the happy redneck family that is probably the most uneventful show on TV. I asked him what he likes about it but cant figure it out. He likes the southern accents though, it's pretty funny to see a french canadian kid imitate them fellers.

I have a friend from the 3rd grade through high school whos been seeking to be an actor, in Vegas I believe. Hes been on a couple of these pawn shows in the southwest. I have not talked to him since HS but understand hes being paid to be customer. Its all staged.

les needs to do something with his hair

Its all staged. Nobody in their right mind acts like that on TV, unless they are being paid.

There was one eposode where they took this lady out and you could see the mic taped to her back.

I went up there one day to sell my flag from Tiger Stadium and the family was not there. Their employees made me wait 30 minutes, and started questioning the authenticity of my item.

I finally just walked out without speaking to anyone.

On the other hand I went to Vegas and there was a 2 hour wait at the Pawn Stars store, or you could pay $65 and get a back door pass. I joked with the girl selling passes that I live a few miles from Hardcore pawn and there is no line to get in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    les needs to do something with his hair
    I think that the drippings from his hair is what makes his coat look so nice.

^^^lolololol^^^

My son has an acquaintence who was arrested for DUI in Las Vegas. She was taped by one of the "Las Vegas Jail" crews in the Clark County Detention Center getting registered and making a complete ass of herself. She was offered 7k to sign a release after she sobered up, which she took. But there was no 'acting' involved she said.

After hiring a lawyer fines and court costs she possibly broke even. Good to know they waited till she sobered up before asking her to sign a release. I wonder if she saw the video of herself before she signed.

ok, you are all correct that it is staged. first of all, i work in the film & video industry. last may, my brother and niece & nephew came into town from georgia. my nephew loves the show and wanted to visit the store. i took them over on a friday afternoon and how lucky, they were filming an episode. my family wanted a picture with the family and they were so happy to help. after my brother explained they were from out of town and my nephew loves the show, a prod. asst. asked if they wanted to be on the show. she created a whole scenario where they were stuck in detroit and needed to sell their camera [[the one they took the family photo with) so that they could get gas to get home. my brother would argue the the price is too low and get mad, there-by have a big security goon come over and push him out of the store as my niece & nephew screamed "don't hurt our daddy". they ended up leaving out the line by the kids because they did not want to show mean-ness to children.
    btw, i got contact numbers for the production company for future work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2