Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    If you have a nice car that you like, you are better off staying out of Detroit.
    Stop signs and red lights are suggestions. Turn signals are an after thought.
    A break down could be disastrous. Sad I know, but true.
    If you are going to blow through stop signs and lights, as well as not use signals then please move to the U.P. I don't want you driving anywhere I do. Why would your really nice car breakdown anyway? Don't you maintain it?

Seriously. I don't see this behaviour anymore in Detroit than in other places. Come out of the freeway ditch and drive a surface street. You will see so for yourself. Not everyone is an @$$hole.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    If you are going to blow through stop signs and lights, as well as not use signals then please move to the U.P. I don't want you driving anywhere I do. Why would your really nice car breakdown anyway? Don't you maintain it?

Seriously. I don't see this behaviour anymore in Detroit than in other places. Come out of the freeway ditch and drive a surface street. You will see so for yourself. Not everyone is an @$$hole.
    My father moved from Pickford to Bentler one block north of Six Mile. When I would visit, he always insisted on driving downtown via Grand River. I agree with you. The other drivers were no more egregious than what I encounter in DC, MD and Va. What sucked, to me, were lights that lasted for a long time for a street occupied by a few derelict buildings. The streets I largely drove on were Lahser, Six Mile, Evergreen, Grand River, Fenkell, Seven Mile and Eight Mile.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post

With all the driving around the city to take pics, I very rarely see anyone even rolling a stop sign. The only ones running red lights are the cops[[they have been doing that as long as I can remember). Although turn signal use could be better.
    One thing and this goes for the whole metro area if you are retired or do not have to be out on the road at rush hour STAY HOME at either time of the day your slow driving is quite aggravating!

in no particular order:
    Black '65 Riviera

'60 Eldorado convertible

'56 Lincoln Premiere convertible

'62 T-bird convertible [[w. tonneau cover)

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Lettercars cont.
    Wow. That one looks strikingly like a stretched Volvo Amazon.

Armored personnel carrier, WITH armed personnel on board.

I'm partial to Mustang convertibles. I drive one all over the city myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Wow. That one looks strikingly like a stretched Volvo Amazon.

More like the stretched Volvo copied the 300.

A 1971 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 4dHT. Black.

Default From our South African brothers.....

Where they average 50 MURDERS a DAY! ,yes the number is correct, as many as Detroit does in a year, South Africa has that beat in 8 days!

Not sure if car jacking is a issue in the BigD, but its very popular and ends in gun fights hence the "afterburner" option!

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AUSSIE; January-28-13 at 11:21 PM.

1974 ford country squire. Or jeep grand wagoneer.

Any big land yacht from the 60's-70's would be right at home cruising Detroit. Personally I would stick to a personal luxury coupe along the lines of a Eldorado, Rivieria, Tornado, Thunderbird, etc.

I have a '99 300M and it's big but drives a lot smaller than it is and I LOVE cruising in it. Sometimes it's nicer to drive slow than to drive fast.

If I was picking a new car, 300 or Challenger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2