Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

So ummm is the city getting paid the fines that were on it if any? Was it not the city that paid for the fence?

Or is it kinda like if you demolish it we will forget about the past due which would be a nice incentive to let buildings keep a demolished by neglect aspect which would take the teeth out of any kind of enforcement,well, I guess not ,just kick somebody a few bucks and put up a parking lot.

Dan Austin: Architectural triage and the Hotel Charlevoix
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013050...oix-demolition

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Dan Austin: Architectural triage and the Hotel Charlevoix
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013050...oix-demolition
    A self proclaimed building hugger that makes a case for condemnation because the stair case was removed?

What was the whole point of writing the piece other then to collect a paycheck because it makes no sense unless the writer is depressed and is pissed off because the staircase was removed and he was deprived of his roof jumping off privlage.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    A self proclaimed building hugger that makes a case for condemnation because the stair case was removed?

What was the whole point of writing the piece other then to collect a paycheck because it makes no sense unless the writer is depressed and is pissed off because the staircase was removed and he was deprived of his roof jumping off privlage.
    did you even read the article? did you bother googling the author of it?

This region continues to be the unchanging hell that it has well-earned the reputation of being. Now, while we're at it, let's murder that RTA and get back to business as usual - being the anus of the universe.
    Last edited by poobert; May-09-13 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    did you even read the article? did you bother googling the author of it?
    Of course I read the article and do not need to google anybody that carries the thought pattern of never never never to justify demise in the city, now if he had written a positive piece on finding a way then I would proably say that this is a positive person that is useing his position to help better the city and would not feel it a waste of time to google.

Ask him to show you the numbers of how he came up with the 40 million dollar estimate for the rehab, and the building code that would have required the modification of the staircase anyways.

I am clueless when it comes to photography,I am clueless about writing articles for pay but when it comes to historic rehabilatons large scale I do have a clue and the costs associated with.

That is something you cannot learn from goggle.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    This region continues to be the unchanging hell that it has well-earned the reputation of being. Now, while we're at it, let's murder that RTA and get back to business as usual - being the anus of the universe.
    They killed RTA in Orlando , it did not matter the tracks are still being laid and it is still going forward,Fla gov sent high speed rail funds back,it does not matter the rails are still being laid and all that will happen because people made it happen and looked for ways to make it happen instead of saying it will never happen because of what ever reason.

There are more and more in Detroit that take that stance to make it happen no matter what that is the saving grace and real backbone of the city and will ensure its progress .

You see the CC members bailing saying they will have no power?
    That is your key,the power they are losing is the power of ruling instead of serving the needs of the community ,which in turn will prevent the future damage such as outlined in this thread .

Chin up ,soon all of the naysayers will be alone in a crowd trying to figure up ways to bring a city down in vain.

Maybe a one way rail ticket would cheer them up.

Has any demolition work taken place yet?

Right now there are crews in there taking care of the asbestoes. My carpool goes by it everyday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4