Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    No description of those who committed the robbery?

In all the reports? Excepting for this attempt at narrowing it down a bit.

“The Woodbridge also straddles the line of another neighborhood, to the north across the freeway, where many residents are not students, young professionals or artists and generally do not stop in for $16 salmon dinners or $11 baked brie appetizers.”

When the actual truth of a situation can not be reported, in order to be politically correct, the reporting is a joke.

I would say the robber who felt dis-respected is going to learn from his mistake, and his next victims are going to find out how well he learned his lesson.

But so what? At least we can all feel good that the reporting is politically correct.

I have enjoyed our few visits to the Woodbridge Pub, and would like to publicly offer the kicker a drink, on me.

Sorry to hear about this!

I would have loved to say i am shocked to hear that, but we have had similar stunts done by filth in Melbourne AUS too.

These filth always look for soft targets, be ready next time, you know what to do!

Cheers

“The Woodbridge also straddles the line of another neighborhood, to the north across the freeway, where many residents are not students, young professionals or artists and generally do not stop in for $16 salmon dinners or $11 baked brie appetizers.”

That neighborhood, "Northwest Goldberg" or "Zone 8" is really rough. I lived there for 6 months in 2010 and my roommate and I were robbed several times and even got home-invaded to boot. Be very cautious about that hood.

[/QUOTE]

Most of Northwest Goldberg or Zone 8 is pretty much abandoned or being demolished by Henry Ford Hospital's future expansion.

As a Woodbridger this isn't something I like to hear, not to mention I was in there for lunch last Thursday! Glad to hear no one was hurt.

Zone 8 refers to zip code 48208 I gather.... did not know Henry Ford Hospital was expanding in the direction. I know they are on Hospitals side of West Grand Blvd east of Rosa Parks 12th. I'd like to more about their expansion...

Where is Northwest Goldberg?

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedz34 View Post
    Most of Northwest Goldberg or Zone 8 is pretty much abandoned or being demolished by Henry Ford Hospital's future expansion.

As a Woodbridger this isn't something I like to hear, not to mention I was in there for lunch last Thursday! Glad to hear no one was hurt.

http://goo.gl/maps/CjL4z

Northwest Goldberg and Zone 8 I think are the same neighborhood. Google Maps outlines it fairly well. Henry Ford has bought up most of the properties bounded by the triangle of Holden, Grand Blvd., and Lincoln. Most of the houses that are visible on street view are gone on satellite view.

Thank you. I was not aware of this development in that direction. Fox2Detroit has re-run an expanded story on the Woodbridge incident but I cannot find it on their website. Saw it on TV just now...

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedz34 View Post
    http://goo.gl/maps/CjL4z

Northwest Goldberg and Zone 8 I think are the same neighborhood. Google Maps outlines it fairly well. Henry Ford has bought up most of the properties bounded by the triangle of Holden, Grand Blvd., and Lincoln. Most of the houses that are visible on street view are gone on satellite view.

Quote Originally Posted by ElbertHanks View Post
    Fifty sober people witness an event and you tend to get fifty different versions when they retell it. Now add alcohol and stir.
    hahahah correct sir

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    Racist.....

I think what you meant to say is "realist." Well put Poobert!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2