Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Hey Bears,

Thanks for choking one away to the Vikings. That 10 point lead went away faster than a Coney fart in a stiff wind. The Bears fourth quarter was almost reminiscent of something our old Lions would do.

I'm thinking aloud that we're going to need every bit of cushion in order to win this NFC North crown. This is going to help and help a lot.

Yeah.... Hey Brandon Marshall, whose the "little brother" now? That being said, Lions have a tough one next week in Philly. Seems like they have righted the ship and Nick Foles is playing well at QB.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-01-13 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Yeah.... Hey Brandon Marshall, whose the "little brother" now? That being said, Lions have a tough one next week in Philly. Seems like they have righted the ship and Nick Foles is playing well at QB.

A few weeks ago we all thought Philly was going to be a pushover. I'm not so sure now. Foles is starting to look like the second coming of Joe Montana alluva sudden. And while we're looking ahead at the schedule Baltimore's improved by leaps and bounds too.

The only game I'm feeling really confident about is the NY Giants game; I'm not sure why other than it's at home, but I think we can match up pretty well against them. Manning is going to be in for a world of hurt. I saw what the Washington team did to the Giants offensive line and they got clowned.

And even lowly Minnesota- don't think they don't have something to prove? Their record might not look too impressive now but they've still got some pride on their side and I'm sure they'd like to drop a piling brown pyramid onto the Lions' bed.

It's almost looking like a 9-7 record might take this division- although I wouldn't mind it if the Lions got onto a hot streak right about now and just won their last four games decisively. Let's not back into the dance now. Chicago & Green Bay's hopes are circling the drain right about now so let's just take charge of our own destiny.

A playoff contender would beat the Eagles. I have mixed feelings. Do we want a playoff pretender that gets waxed by the 49'ers?

So, with crossed fingers, I am hoping the Lions show something this Sunday.

I heard GB is thinking of shutting Rodgers down for the rest of the season. They're hopes died with that tie last week to Minnesota.

I feel the Lions will go 2-2 to close it out and win the division at 9-7 like Thruster said. The next 4 opponents are interchangeable in terms of winning and losing so I won't predict which two they will take.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomassi View Post
    I feel the Lions will go 2-2 to close it out and win the division at 9-7 like Thruster said. The next 4 opponents are interchangeable in terms of winning and losing so I won't predict which two they will take.
    I also have a selfish side here in making that prediction. It was my pre-season pick. I will be lavished with praise and worthy of wearing the prognosticators' turban if my 9-7 call comes true.

Personally I would prefer to be wrong and have the Lions win at least three of the last four. They need to keep the focus or at the very least have the other team's flabby O-Line man call them scumbags on national media. If they play like the way they approached the Green Bay game I can see them going 4-0. That has been the most complete of a game as I've seen the Lions play [[minus the turnovers & crappy kicks).

I think the next few games will really show what sort of moxie Schwartz has got. Is he going to prepare this team for the games or is he just going to be the guy holding the Denny's menu game plan on the sidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    One thing I can't wait to see is our defensive line taking on LeSean McCoy. There's some smack down going on there. He's a stud RB but then so was Adrian Peterson and we stuffed him pretty well too.

Since the Lions will be playing in Blighty, I though the following redesign of the helmet was warranted:

Name:  Detroit_Lions_Helmet.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  37.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Since the Lions will be playing in Blighty, I though the following redesign of the helmet was warranted:

Name:  Detroit_Lions_Helmet.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  37.5 KB
    Bubbles with an English twist? I like it!

The Lions showed us what they were made of. Now, we expect the same performance every time. Before the Packer game I was feeling unsteady on the bandwagon, not ready to jump off, but ready to curl up and submit to another psychic beating with a blue and silver hose.

we walk into Philly and into a crowd of drunken louts. A fretful contagion of fandamonia which could rile the very rileable, Dom Raiola.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    The Lions showed us what they were made of. Now, we expect the same performance every time. Before the Packer game I was feeling unsteady on the bandwagon, not ready to jump off, but ready to curl up and submit to another psychic beating with a blue and silver hose.

we walk into Philly and into a crowd of drunken louts. A fretful contagion of fandamonia which could rile the very rileable, Dom Raiola.
    I think I've been watching this team just as long as you, brother gnome and I still can't figure out who the hell I'm watching at times. There are weeks we look like world killers and then there are weeks you'd think the Lions couldn't take on the Pop Warner club down the block. The most consistent thing about this team is its inconsistency.

I'm hoping that the team walks out in Philly fired up like they were against the Packers. Link all the arms and stroll out like the damn Rockettes for all I care. I want to see how the Lions will play on the road; it's going to speak volumes about the maturity of this team.

Half time rant...

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF GAME DID I TURN ON TODAY??

The Lions have their white jerseys on and I can't make out anyone out there! This is definitely a twist out there in Philly.

If I had a boatload of cash I might've been tempted to call out to Vegas and place a bet as to the over/under of this game. What they predicted prior to the beginning of this snow storm surely must be dropping by now. You've got two high powered offenses out there and it looks as though they're playing in oatmeal.

Stats be damned in this game. No one's having a career game.

The bimbo sideline reporter said 6 inches is hard to deal with.

Now it's time for GM headquarters to display "Go Lions" on it's giant LED screen on top of the hotel. Forget about Ford being the competition. Support the home team owned by Ford

As usual, turnovers and penalties come back to haunt the Lions. Repeat phrase as necessary remainder of season.

Where does one even start to discuss this game? It was weird, wild, wacky and one for the ages but probably not in a good way.

How does one even pin a blame on anyone? Both sides were slipping and sliding all over the place. But obviously someone had to come out a winner and our Detroit Lions came up short. I thought this game could've gone either way with the conditions they were playing with; one bad snap, one dropped ball, one missed tackle or some other gaffe that we'd never see in a good weather game was going to decide this one.

One stat that screams out at me was the rushing yardage that the Eagles chalked up in the second half against our vaunted front four. I don't know what happened other than we lost the fight in the trenches and our poor linebackers couldn't fill the gaps. We got gashed pretty badly.

Offensively it didn't look as though Stafford was in sync at all. Obviously not with Raiola and his receivers dropped far too many balls that I thought were catchable.

The one nice thing about this game was seeing Jeremy Ross run though. Dropping Michael Spurlock for a much more versatile & explosive runner like Ross was a godsend. Not only did he score but he had that one handed jersey tackle on a Philly return. But special teams is just one aspect of an entire game.

At the end of the day though I'm thinking if there is one group of guys that probably could catch some heat for is the coaches. Schwartz seem to have his players playing well early on. They were aggressive and took it to the Eagles despite the conditions. As the game wore on, I didn't see any adjustment to what Chip Kelly did. Where was the counter punch? Where was the adjustment to the weather conditions? Why suddenly go conservative when it worked well in the first half?

And was it just me but did the Fairley roughing the passer seem as though he just put a shoulder pad to the sternum of Foles as a follow through? And the Suh holding call was a complete phantom call. Why were they even called? I didn't see it. And not that those two plays cost us the game but it changes the dynamic & momentum of the game which can sway wildly from one team to another.

It was an odd game to say the least. Not proud but not totally unexpected either.

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    At the end of the day though I'm thinking if there is one group of guys that probably could catch some heat for is the coaches. Schwartz seem to have his players playing well early on. They were aggressive and took it to the Eagles despite the conditions. As the game wore on, I didn't see any adjustment to what Chip Kelly did. Where was the counter punch? Where was the adjustment to the weather conditions? Why suddenly go conservative when it worked well in the first half?
    Damn tootin' there's blame to be had and it's with Schwartz not adapting and adjusting. Why did he turn tail and wimp out the second half when the Eagles smacked us one in the clock weights? It's not like Detroit played with the greased ball and the Eagles got to play with a dry brand new game ball when they had it. The teams played on the same damn field and ours was the one that stunk it up in the second half. Why? Because Philadelphia adjusted at half time, figured out how to beat us and we never responded. That sort of preparation and adjustment has to fall onto the coaching staff. When Calvin was the hot read in the first half, he disappeared in the second. We came out like an East Lansing couch- on fire and then we wimped out. We never heard the fricking' bell in the second half and got clowned.

What a fun game! I hope there's a blizzard at the Super Bowl too!

Lions still SUCK! They can't play in the snow!

Sunday afternoon and no Lions game to rant about. But wait... they're on Monday night! And is it just me or does the allure of being on Monday Night Football not what it used to be since they made the jump to ESPN? Where's Howard Cossell? Dandy Don Meredith?

I know it's the ONLY NFL game on Monday night and supposedly the whole nation is watching but it just doesn't have that appeal to me any more.

I'll still cheer for our Lions to win though. Always.

This is a MUST win game if there ever was one. Lions have squandered the lead for the past 2 months, and now the Bears are a 1/2 game in front of them, and GB 1/2 behind, and that season ending game vs Minn isn't looking like a lock either with how they destroyed the Eagles without AP.

Monday Night........... Lions 27- Ravens 24

Our guys are favored by five and half. We should win, but we still don't know which lions team is going to show up. Here it is December, and we still have no idea how we are going to play.

i hope we win, but I have locked away all the kitchen knives just in case we don't.

on the plus side, at least I'm not a cowboys fan.

GUSHI Guest

Sol-blew the division lead, disgusting, should of had the division with out any worries. Sol

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast