Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    I did not know that there is a Fortune Records My Space page:

www.myspace.com/fortunerecordsdetroit

That is a Fortune Records fan site. There is no official site. The label is for all intents and purposes defunct. Sheldon [[Don) Brown has been trying to sell the label [[and all the old master tapes) for some time.

After an ugly experience at Rock of Ages, I despaired that the Western Suburbs had no decent music stores [[I have issues with the two in Dearborn). Then, I found this Sound Explosion place in Inkster on Middlebelt Rdhttps://www.facebook.com/The-Sound-E...5364428881023/. I was impressed. They have a huge collection of posters, music video DVDs/VHS, rock items, guitars, tons of records and 45s, CDs, 8-track, cassette, etc. The music is mostly R & B, Soul, Motown, etc. Yet, he had a good collection of jazz stuff.

There were boxes of $1 records, as well; many of them were good like Ahmad Jamal or Issac Hayes. It's worth a visit, and I think they need the support. Also, May 18th, I was told, is customer appreciation day, so you get a free $1 record with every purchase.

Go hang out at Lo & Behold records in Hamtramck and talk to Ricky the owner. If the store is open, he is there. He sells old 45' and is very knowledable, if you want to talk about artists no one else knows about. While in Hamtramck, you can visit the Record Graveyard [[all vinyle) too.

Wow, zombie thread.

People's on Gratiot is a place I stop into pretty often. A bit hipster-infested to be sure, but often a good selection of jazz, R&B, 45s, and even 78s.

I was watching Tommy Chongs Lincoln Ad parody on YouTube today -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8aQ04dyRAM

which reminded me of his days with Berry Gordy/Motown records.

So I found an excellent Bio page on his music and the formation of Cheech and Chong. Along with the hit video.

http://nightflight.com/does-your-mam...0s-motown-hit/

Just an interesting set of factoids. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Bigb23; June-15-17 at 11:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2