Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sorry I am waxing poetic and thread jacking, we also have this amazing organ, only two still exist in Michigan. To really play it right takes two people. We have another organ recital in November.

Ucc is very liberal so might not fit all tastes. But if you like old buildings, want a tour come some Sunday. Services are 10:30 but the minister is usually late and the coffee good in the fellowship hall

Quote Originally Posted by gpow View Post
    I saw this thread and shot some video footage yesterday. I'm not a videographer, so it's nothing special ;-) but it hopefully gives you a better feel for the building and area.

I took some photos as well, but looking at others posted, they aren't really much different. The streetlight at Maxwell and Mack is gone now. Thankfully, no graffiti or exterior damage, other than a few of the glass tiles being broken. I wish it was secured a little better. A very stunning building. I'd love to see the state of interior.
    JUST WOW!!

Thanks so much GPOW, i appreciate your effort.

When i come to USA i will buy you a beer or 10!

Does indeed look in ok condition because it was so well built, inside not so, flooded basement and other issues so i have heard

I actually google earthed down the street, saw the phone number on the outside [general store i think?] and phoned them, guy was really nice, claimed somebody had purchased it and lost a stack of money on it, could not fix it properly, and it got repo, the store guy then tried to sell me some other warehouse!

Once again, many thanks, *maybe* you can try to get inside video?? [i know i am pushing it!]

PS I think the reason the monkeys have not been around with spray cans is because they have a little respect for a chuch

Cheers and thanks again

A

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    This was nice of you to do this for Aussie.
    +1

Many thanks again Greg!

Cheers

A

NOT a big fan of the advertisment, i find it confussed, but it looks one of my favorite place in Detroit is now UNDER the $100k mark:

http://www.trulia.com/property/30546...troit-MI-48214

If nothing else at least some inside photos

$99,990

Looks like some of Mack Ave *might* need some pot-hole repair

Refer: "Best Hair in Detroit Television"

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/giant-potholes-plague-mack-ave-in-detroit/24802916

The old Deutches Haus Biergarten Building. A place where German Americans party, discuss their Aryan heritage and drink beer until they get fat! At one time in the 1930s The American Nazi Bund Party movement held their rallies in the biergarten, holding up their swastikas, raising their hands to their god "Hitler". Folks who were living in that area were really spooked when the all of Mack Ave will be the center of Nazi country in Detroit.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5