Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Chastizing the fellow who leads the garbage pickup after the Dally in the Alley is not a way of winning this argument, Honky Tonk. Django won't just 'go home' after this event, and I'd bet big bucks that if he saw random trash on the ground he'd simply pick it up and throw it away.

How many people does the GRAND PRIX bring onto the island?! How much noise does that, or the Wizzfest boat races, make?! Or the Red Bull air-races?! Or the fireworks?!

Nah, althought the music is not my genre, I DO think this is one of the best ways to make money on Belle Isle. IF they allow camping, it will only be for a few days...so there won't be suffocation damage to the grass.

That, and regular gymkhana's on that huge apron of concrete...and those 3-on-3 basketball tourney's they were talking about having...
    The Grand Prix, Air Races, Gold Cups all end early evening and don't run until midnight. I'm willing to bet that the sound level from the "bands" will exceed the sound level from the cars running in the Grand Prix. No, this is NOT the best way to make money off of the island, it'll screw the island and surrounding areas up. As far as Django picking up trash for a few hours after the Dally, commendable, but I'm not that impressed. This concert is just someones idea to exploit, make a fast buck, then split, nothing more.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-26-13 at 08:18 AM.