Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by ccal View Post
    I'm curious, please forgive my ignorance but who is "y'all's boy" and why do I see so many people on here say that, what and who is that in reference to?
    This should answer your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFunr5TAlMA

Quote Originally Posted by honky tonk View Post
    this should answer your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfunr5talma
    smh...............

ccal... brings to meaning to the word "shrill voice"... doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    This should answer your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFunr5TAlMA
    Thanks - was looking for that youtube post. I'm going to make it my new ringtone.

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    Thanks - was looking for that youtube post. I'm going to make it my new ringtone.
    I LIKE it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    What's the square mileage of the area WSU police patrols? What, about two or three square miles, tops, or Detroit's nearly 139 square miles? They sure as hell better be quick to anything that happens in Greater Midtown.

In a city dealing with nearly a murder a night, most years, and various other violent crimes spead out over 139 square miles with a police force that shrank even faster than the city did over the last decade [[down 33% vs. the city's 25% population loss), if anyone thinks DPD's going to be rushing out to property crimes - as if they even could if they wanted to - is crazy. Sad, but it's the reality
    WSUPD has 54 officers who patrol the area bordered by I75, Mack, 14th, and Lothrop, which is about 3 square miles, although they also answer calls outside their main patrol area, as evidenced by the YOBS story.

Lets do the math: 54 WSUPD covering 3 square miles= 18 cops per square mile. For the DPD to have the same coverage as WSUPD, they would need 18 cops x 139 square miles, which equals 2502 cops that DPD would need to have the same coverage as WSUPD.

"According to Federal Bureau of Information Uniform Crime Reports, the Detroit Police Department had 4,006 sworn officers as of Oct. 31, 2002. It also had 650 civilian employees.
    If that number is accurate, the sworn officer count is currently about 2,400."

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._police_o.html

While the amount of DPD officers has plummeted over the last decade, they still have almost as many cops per square mile as WSUPD. Ten years ago, the DPD had over 50% more cops per square mile than WSUPD has now, and the DPD response time was terrible back then.

great post erik.

Sorry to hear this... I waited along with everyone else for YOBS to open, and was hoping to get there during my Spring Break visit home. Glad to hear WSU cops remain awesome, there's really no other university police force quite at their level, although Philly has similar issues.

In addition to the university cops, Temple, Drexel and even Penn PDs hire and employ their own second-tier community patrol/security guard force from among local residents. This increases manpower and potential response time... it also employs working class folks with insider knowledge of the 'hoods in and around the university.

"While the amount of DPD officers has plummeted over the last decade, they still have almost as many cops per square mile as WSUPD. Ten years ago, the DPD had over 50% more cops per square mile than WSUPD has now, and the DPD response time was terrible back then."

As if Brightmoor = Wayne State.

English, so nice to see you chime in. We've missed you!

Ditto on that! ~~MOTOWN Hello~~ English!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Ditto on that! ~~MOTOWN Hello~~ English!
    ditto ditto

Hi English! Welcome back

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4