Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have never stated that Hantz should not be allowed to plant trees,my whole concept is look at what is there ,why it happened,what can prevent it in the future and for the CC to do exactly what they did,they did not rush,they took into account the greater good verses the individual and found a resolution to serve both interests,not only in that area but to set a precedence for other areas in the city so it is not a cluster mess next time.

That is the CC job ,to look out for all interests not just a select few.

I must admit I was a bit shocked ,in two years they actually acted like a CC,maybe because they know the elections are coming up and their time is limited ,but they did show that when they put the sideshows and egos aside and get down to running a city,they can do it.

Will millions return to Detroit? Maybe not millions but look at what is happening in the world all of these outsourced countries are now demanding workers rights and higher pay,corporations within the US are being shunned and boycotted because of the way workers are being treated in overseas sweatshops.

Bottom line is it is rapidly becoming economically and even more so politically correct to bring those jobs back to this country,to me Detroit is prime because it has the logistics,the labor force,the paid for infrastructure,the buildings and factories,the housing,the support businesses that are already established and there are many more positive aspects.

Look at these boom town oil shale places ,you cannot even find a place to sleep,so expensive that the employee costs drive of the set costs making it borderline profitable.

Name one other city in the US that is ready to go like Detroit is once the Gov mess is straightened out.

Investors do not come to Detroit because it is a chocolate city or the street lights do not work or 100 other reasons those are all issues that can be straitened out with a confident government in place that is all justification BS,as it is they have everybody doing their own little thing instead of working together for a common goal,investors do not feel the need to deal with the BS the city Gov puts out,or has in the past,where would you invest ? In city A that says welcome how can we help? or city B that says it is what it is deal with it or not.

Hillsborough county,my property taxes on homesteaded is $350 per year on my commercial is $550 other non homesteaded is $450,$625,$375.

Everything runs smooth,short of funds yes but if I call LEO 5 will show up if I have an unresolved problem an email to the mayor is responded to within 24 hours.

But I did place an order for a ally streetlight activation in August and it still is not turned on.
    My property in Kissimmee Fl is $1230.00 in city. non homesteaded.

But me and Hillsborough county is really a irrelevant point as it is a mobile society and one can move to or invest in where ever they see a potential for profit.People moving to Detroit have to come from some where.Unless you have baby factories on line.

People can decide to move to Detroit or Detroit can give them a reason to move and invest in.It is the cities job to set the stage and lay out the mat.
    It is not my job to judge the city and its residents for the past mistakes,I do not care about all of that,only are they progressing into the future and moving beyond all of that,that was the whole reason I became a member here to begin with.

Well okay I am a bit biased because of the to die for history and architecture that the city also has to offer.

But all of that is being worked on with the charter and with that comes neighborhood representation etc etc. so a vacant trash strewn lot today may be looked at a bit different 2 years down the road.To base it on the past and how things were run is short changing the future.

Look at the numbers being put out by Hantz,would they be making that kind of investment to grow trees? or maybe do you think that they also see the future potential.

Two updates from earlier in 2016, both from the Detroit Free Press:

Why is a person cleaning up Detroit getting the runaround from the city?
    [[June 19)

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...ggan/85979486/

Film on Hantz Farms doesn't flinch from controversy
    [[April 1)
    http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...ersy/82527656/
    Last edited by kathy2trips; December-12-16 at 01:09 AM.

Flash forward 10 years,the city has grown as it is doing.

Because of it neighbor Indian village the lots are now worth $15,000 per lot 2000 lots would then cost you $30,000,000.

Build 2000 homes for $160,000 per and that becomes $320,000,000.

Todays numbers would be based on how much is a building lot worth in Indian Village,or corktown or any other similar section,and what is the adverage sales price of the existing homes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2