Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by Király View Post
    That's awesome, thanks for the link. It says Lafayette is pronounced "[[lä-fā-ET)"
    but don't Detroiters say "le-FAY-it"?
    I have never ever heard it pronounced "le-FAY-it"

Quote Originally Posted by kanfar View Post
    I have never ever heard it pronounced "le-FAY-it"
    I was told in this thread that that's how it's said in Detroit, well, laff-FAY-ette, specifically. See posts 65-69.
    Last edited by Király; January-29-17 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Király View Post
    I was told in this thread that that's how it's said in Detroit, well, laff-FAY-ette, specifically. See posts 65-69.
    I may have misinterpreted on which syllable you are putting the emphasis. I apologize. I think because of the caps I was pronouncing it, in my mind, with the emphasis there. Emphasis is on the last syllable and then it would be how I hear it. Hope I am making sense.

Well, yes, the caps are where the emphasis should be. In the other thread I was told laff-FAY-ette. What's the capitalization supposed to mean if that's not where the stress/emphasis goes?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9