Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
Pffh, who cares?!?
2) Sorry, a no name brand can't say they are on par with Gucci and Ralph Lauren. Gucci and Ralph Lauren spend hundreds of millions of dollars branding their products and you're paying for the name when you buy products with the Gucci and Ralph Lauren name. Before they can say they're on par, they've got to spend hundreds of millions on advertising just like well known brands; otherwise, they're just selling fake rip off brands and counterfeits. I can buy shoes and other no name goods from Walmart that claim to be on par with Nike, etc. for a lot less. But, it's not the same thing. You're paying more for the brand name. You can't establish yourself as a high end brand without spending the kind of money those other companies do.
That's the whole point... You're feeding into the marketing bullshit that some brands are simply better than others because of their name. It's why you can buy a Polo for $80, or one that's much better quality from a smaller brand for $50.

I'd rather pay more for a better product, or the same amount for a similar product, than spend that money funding marketing budgets. They decided to start the business because they thought they could produce a quality product at a much lower price. I believe them that their fabrics are probably not much different than some of those top-level brands, but who knows if the tailoring quality will come anywhere near it.

You CAN establish yourself as a high end brand without spending that kind of money, by producing a high-quality product.