Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Agreed. Kwame also "told" us that he didn't steal taxpayer dollars...
    And Bing told us he wouldn't take a salary... or run for a second term...

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    And Bing told us he wouldn't take a salary... or run for a second term...
    He also "told" us he wouldn't stay in the Manoogian Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    He also "told" us he wouldn't stay in the Manoogian Mansion.
    Yep, and it doesn't stop there. But to bring this back to topic of this thread, I wish our media would spend more time analyzing issues like this than parroting what the Mayor's office says.

As I posted above, I share much of poobert's frustration. However, I also have doubts that a recall so close to the next election is in the best interest of the city.

Note that Brizee's original post links to an article that, while it appeared in the Freep, it was actually reported by the Associated Press. The AP goes so far to tell us that the recall's organizers have until February to get it on the May ballot. Why can't the Freep -- or any other local news organization -- pick it up from there? The AP story doesn't point out that the next mayoral election is only 6 months later than the potential recall election. That's very relevant here, but I don't expect a wire service to go into much detail. What are the ramifications if he is recalled? Do we have a special election? When? If not, who assumes the duties of the mayor?

It's likely I'll get several answers from fellow forum members to my questions before the day is over. I get more relevant news and views on local issues here than from the media. That's why I don't care much for our precious "dailies" anymore.
    Last edited by downtownguy; December-05-12 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Kwame won re-election with about 51% of the vote. The myth that all Detroiters loved him is just complete bullshit.
    Not to mention the fact that there were indications that the election was actually stolen.

Plenty of Detroiters didn't like Kwame while he was in office and plenty more don't like him now.

Leave the poor guy alone and let him do his job!

Quote Originally Posted by piczka View Post
    Leave the poor guy alone and let him do his job!
    Thats what we been trying to do for the last 4 years. However he doesnt have a clue on how to do it. get out the way old man and get someone in there thats actually going to get things accomplished. 60+- APPOINTEES jumping ship, 2 Whisteblower SETTLEMENTS. He must go. and yeah It will cost money but it will be worth. Sends A helleva message to the new guy or gal. YOU dont do what the PEOPLE want and we will Trump Your ass. Bing You're Fired. lol

Someone tell me if I'm incorrect here: spend up to $900K to get him out of office now rather then waiting 11 MONTHS to do it anyways? Does anyone ever think about anything or long term impacts of their actions?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Someone tell me if I'm incorrect here: spend up to $900K to get him out of office now rather then waiting 11 MONTHS to do it anyways? Does anyone ever think about anything or long term impacts of their actions?
    Cause he gone f up more than that

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    More worthless symbolism. The primary election is in August. 9 months forom now the voters of Detroit will go to the polls in the regularly scheduled election; to shoehorn three additional elections [[ 1. For the recall, 2. Mayoral primary, 3. Mayoral General) between the end of January and August is pure asshattery.

worthless symbol ism that will not improve anything, besides to further communicate that the people of Detroit don't know how to get out of their own way.
    Get rid of him now, instead of risking a loss in a re-election in August.

A recall is rarely in the best interest of the voters, that's why they rarely work. Recalls as I've said in the past should only be used in the most blatant cases of incompetence or criminality. As much as I think that Mayor Bing is not a good mayor and should be a one term mayor like what he campaigned on he is not incompetent to the point where he should be recalled. He will be defeated next election cycle. That will give the citizens time to vet other candidates properly so that a good choice will be made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2