Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Megan Owens, of Transportation Riders United, says on Facebook that they were two votes short for the funding bill...hmmmmmmm...

Just so I'm clear.

Could this still be be put off the rails, or is it just a matter of the governor signing it?

Oh and fuck Thomas Stallworth! You don't answer my goddamn emails and pull stunts like this?

You're on my permanent shit list regardless of how this goes down.

Well now it's only a halfie but if the funding bill gets through i'll be right back up and at em

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Megan Owens, of Transportation Riders United, says on Facebook that they were two votes short for the funding bill...hmmmmmmm...
    They voted three times. This was the final vote...perhaps that was earlier?

RTA will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    RTA will pass.
    Not with the Democrats refusing to vote

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    They voted three times. This was the final vote...perhaps that was earlier?
    The funding bill is separate. The bill that just passed allows the RTA to form and appoint leaders, but not to fund itself. Which is to say, it's basically useless until they pass the other bill.

The funding bill SB 911 was pulled from the board. They will vote again soon, after they get the necessary votes.

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    The funding bill SB 911 was pulled from the board. They will vote again soon, after they get the necessary votes.
    yep, same song and dance as with the first bill.

Default RTA bill stalled in House by ... Dems???

I read that Dems in the state house are holding up the RTA bill because of the GOP introduction of the "Right to Work" bill.

Dems say, "We won't pass the RTA bill unless you back off on RTW." Won't GOPs just say, "Suit yourself"?

What am I missing, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Delray View Post
    I read that Dems in the state house are holding up the RTA bill because of the GOP introduction of the "Right to Work" bill.

Dems say, "We won't pass the RTA bill unless you back off on RTW." Won't GOPs just say, "Suit yourself"?

What am I missing, please?
    Here's the theory from earlier:

The RTA was something Snyder really wanted. He did not want to include RTW in his agenda. Suddenly it's there. I think Snyder is promising not to veto RTW in exchange for passing the RTA bill.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    Here's the theory from earlier:

...I think Snyder is promising not to veto RTW in exchange for passing the RTA bill.
    Thanks. As usual, poor folks on the bus are collateral damage.

word has it that the main RTA bill has passed!

^ yes, this was stated above. Unfortunately the other three bills in the package have not yet passed.

^ yes, this was stated above. Unfortunately the other three bills in the package have not yet passed.
    Correct.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

I think the RTA legislation has language that allows it to divert some of the federal funding streams for transit. Even if the funding bill doesn't pass, which assumes voters will vote for higher car registration fees for transit, the RTA may still be able to get some funding. That's why Ann Arbor and Washtenaw County wanted out because they fear money for Washtenaw being captured and funneled back into the Wayne/Oakland/Macomb area.

if the funding bill gets passed, then what? when could a committee start being formed to formalize the RTA?

SB 911 has been passed by both the senate and house. We will be able to vote on the optional vehicle registration funding for mass transit! YES! We just need the final two bills to pass now, for the zoning and the dedicated highway lanes.

"Opsommer, R-DeWitt, expects the House to pass the remaining two bills before lawmakers adjourn for the year."

SB 911 has been passed by both the senate and house. We will be able to vote on the optional vehicle registration funding for mass transit! YES! We just need the final two bills to pass now, for the zoning and the dedicated highway lanes.

"Opsommer, R-DeWitt, expects the House to pass the remaining two bills before lawmakers adjourn for the year."
    Let's also not forget how important it was that SB 445 passed. That bill allows the RTA to accept federal dollars, like those vital for the light rail in the city's core. So we have SBs 445, 909, and 911 down. Just need to get 912 and 967. Let's hope Opsommer is right!

Why is everyone dissapointed or surprised that there is another roadblock to having any form of mass transit in the MOTORCITY? I had said that at the last minute a wrench will be thrown into the machinery. The could be someone behind the scenes pulling the strings to stall the development of any for of mass transit. This is the same damn movie being played over and over again. Bloggers and others are hoping for the alternative ending. I would proceed to developing the 3 mile track from downtown to midtown if I were Dan Gilber, Karmanos, and others who are involved in that development. Let the Rapid Transit Authority add their part whenever their' act is together

Shollin Guest

I would rather not have regional transit authority if it meant we become right to work. Not only will my wages decrease, but we'll also be subsidizing a transit system. Then again with decreased wages I guess I'll have to take the bus more often.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Why is everyone dissapointed or surprised that there is another roadblock to having any form of mass transit in the MOTORCITY? I had said that at the last minute a wrench will be thrown into the machinery. The could be someone behind the scenes pulling the strings to stall the development of any for of mass transit. This is the same damn movie being played over and over again. Bloggers and others are hoping for the alternative ending. I would proceed to developing the 3 mile track from downtown to midtown if I were Dan Gilber, Karmanos, and others who are involved in that development. Let the Rapid Transit Authority add their part whenever their' act is together
    What are you talking about? The bills passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I would rather not have regional transit authority if it meant we become right to work. Not only will my wages decrease, but we'll also be subsidizing a transit system. Then again with decreased wages I guess I'll have to take the bus more often.
    This might be your preference, and I wouldn't blame you. Unfortunately, that's not the way the choice was going to be. It wasn't RTA vs. RTW. It looks like RTW was going to happen no matter what. The RTA is something that Snyder got in return.

RTA will not pass with RTW, Snyder can't have it both ways.

Most of the RTA legislation has already passed the House and Senate.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast