Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    A prime example of the mindset that has driven this area into the ground for so many, many years.
    No, those who drove Detroit into the ground weren't good at their jobs. Who do you think was good at their job?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    No, those who drove Detroit into the ground weren't good at their jobs. Who do you think was good at their job?
    And a prime example of the enabling and co-dependent roles some people play in defending the mindset of the first example. I couldn't have written it better myself.

Typical and expected move.

The right way toward improving things around the area is to marginalize these types of negative and hypocritical actions and mindset.

It's being shut down.

I know that sure LOOKS on the up and up and not at all shady to me!

I'm glad I'm not a shill and posess the capacity to be critical of/denounce public and elected officials I supported.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    I'm glad I'm not a shill and posess the capacity to be critical of/denounce public and elected officials I supported.
    Oh don't shortchange yourself... you are too a shill... for the status quo of city government. Your spin job on thread titles on this forum against those who want to uproot the dry rot of Detroit city government are legendary....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Oh don't shortchange yourself... you are too a shill... for the status quo of city government. Your spin job on thread titles on this forum against those who want to uproot the dry rot of Detroit city government are legendary....
    You gonna just keep with the passive aggressive bs with smilies behind it?

You can't defend actually this bullshit by Snyder so you attack the messenger with some strawman about "status quo"?

BTW I'd love to see just one example of expressing support for this "status quo" you keep chirping about, just one.
    Last edited by brizee; October-21-13 at 03:27 PM.

Why is he shutting the fund down then? Sounds suspicious to me. Like he has something to hide. It also mentions that while he has to list the candidates besides Orr that were up for the EFM gig, he doesn't have to reveal the e-mails he has by putting them under his executive order. Total BS. Snyder needs to come clean, yet he preaches accountability. I haven't liked him from day one.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-23-13 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Why is he shutting the fund down then? Sounds suspicious to me. Like he has something to hide. It also mentions that while he has to list the candidates besides Orr that were up for the EFM gig, he doesn't have to reveal the e-mails he has by putting them under his executive order. Total BS. Snyder needs to come clean, yet he preaches accountability. I haven't liked him from day one.
    It was argued that the EM candidate list should remain secret because it might harm those in [[or seeking) elected office.

Too damn bad.

If a Mike Duggan [[who I am an unapolegetic supporter of) or Dave Bing, or Gary Brown was lobbying for the job while performing the job entrusted to them by voters, well then they should have to deal with that.

Did these people read 1984 as a guide? This Ministry of Truth ignorance-is-knowledge, disenfranchisement-is-empowerment nonsense has to end.

And it came out one of the main guys on Snyders ass, Mark Schauer had a similar fund. He should also have to explain himself on it. If he is able to satisfactorily explain it done. If not then there's an issue.

I'm sick of this it looks like shit, it smells like shit, but you should just eat it because it'll make you feel better governance.

Snyder's secret fund is now history. A new fund has been opened.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_n...t-names-donors

Quote Originally Posted by Pazen Hingree View Post
    Snyder's secret fund is now history. A new fund has been opened.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_n...t-names-donors
    "You might be one of the state’s biggest proponents for transparency," Jones said, "But your NERD Fund is a secret. Why is that?"

"We’re complying with the law, this is just the normal practice," Snyder responded.
    Well, then that's the problem, isn't it? The normal practice is to get all the shady dealing done in time before they have to clean up their act. By then there's no more need for shady dealing. The damage has been done except for applying this last thinnest veneer of legitimacy.

"People don’t write five, six, seven figure checks for selfless reasons," said campaign finance expert Rich Robinson. "Most of these people don’t want to be in the spotlight . They don’t want transparency for what they’re doing."
    Sneaky, sneaky Snyder.

Someone or pac knows a good deal when it see's one...

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    You gonna just keep with the passive aggressive bs with smilies behind it?

Ohuuuuu... I like that!!!! badda boom badda bing

Not to be too nitpicky here - but - if we are blogging about it here, how exactly does it qualify as a "secret" anything?

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    Not to be too nitpicky here - but - if we are blogging about it here, how exactly does it qualify as a "secret" anything?
    A question I wondered on the first day of this thread! There should be no restrictions on political fundraising, except a requirement for full disclosure of the source of the money 72 hours before it is spent. Organizations donating money [[including businesses, unions, and "advocacy" groups) should have to state in the filing their leadership, donors, and members. Give whatever the hell you want, but it will be disclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    Come on already. You're not that stupid.

The mere revelation that there exists a secret does not, in and of itself, reveal the secret that was concealed.

Who was so eager to secretly fund NERD is the glaring question that remains on the table.
    Last edited by Jimaz; February-02-14 at 11:57 PM.

From a guy who preaches accountability, and he's not accountable. The public will never know who's helping to fund his campaign. It could be Warren Buffett as far as we know. Especially since he signed it to law that nothing has to be revealed. The GOP power brokers donations will make sure he gets re-elected. Underhandedness at it's best is at work with Snyder.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; February-03-14 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    From a guy who preaches accountability, and he's not accountable. The public will never know who's helping to fund his campaign. It could be Warren Buffett as far as we know. Especially since he signed it to law that nothing has to be revealed. The GOP power brokers donations will make sure he gets re-elected. Underhandedness at it's best is at work with Snyder.
    I don't think Gov. Snyder will need a Secret Political Fund or underhandedness to romp home for a second term against Mark Schouer. Mark will be his secret weapon; he really really cares for everybody.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2