Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

insurance rates here need to change for the better. Or I need to leave. it's probably going to be the latter, alas.

Even out here in the exburbs car insurance rates are out of control. I have a clean driving record, 800+ FICO score and have never made an insurance claim in over 20 years of driving [[Other than a few windshields). I was recently quoted over $260 per month for a new commercial policy on a stripped out cargo van I was considering purchasing. That's over $3000 annually for something that might see 5K miles of driving per year, and probably not even that much.

I posted on another forum looking to see what others were paying for the same vehicle. In some states their rates were literally 1/3 of what I was quoted here. Less than $1000 per year! I can't even imagine what a business in Detroit would be paying for that same vehicle.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; March-21-17 at 07:43 AM.

The bottom line is we are encouraged as Detroiters to purchase new vehicles [[yes, whether American or not but preferably American) YET Michigan insurance rates are insane. There are no excuses here anymore, Michigan insurance rates are out of control, even the majority of legislation agrees but continues year after year to NOT do anything about it.

If you haven't seen it yet and you live in Detroit or surrounding area YOUR rates are going up also AGAIN!

So as a consumer that enjoys having an affordable newer car, those days are numbered due to the ridiculous greed of the industry. And there seems to be no end in site to when it will taken seriously and corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    Michigan insurance rates are out of control, even the majority of legislation agrees but continues year after year to NOT do anything about it.
    It's not a good idea to bite the hand that feeds you...

NOT being in Wayne County helps A LOT.

Being garaged helps also.

Moving where my cars are stored from Wayne County to Oakland saved me enough to pay for my home-owners insurance policy. The insurance fraud and car theft rates in Detroit are through the roof,... so all of Wayne County residents get dinged hard. Even those in the furthest Grosse Pointes like the Farms.

My 7 passenger 2011 GM SUV with full-coverage,.... and raised liability limits [[$250,000 / $500,000) runs me $527.00 every 6 months through State Farm. I also have a couple other vehicles insured through them, as well as the homeowner's policy.
    Last edited by Bigdd; March-21-17 at 10:06 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3