Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
I was dissapointed but not surprised that Prop 1 went down,, Many of the citizens of Detroit saw the EM measure as an example of everyone meddling in their own affairs. The only problem they refuse to acknowledge is they have consistently shown that they are incapable of handling the city and its many issues. Many seem to live in some dreamland that they can handle everything just fine [[ unbelievable) and anyone from outside the city will just destroy it [[ they are doing a good job of it themselves. ) They also seem to not realize that the EM situation was probably the best of two evils as they would at least have some degree of influence in the mind and management of the city. When/if bankruptcy comes they will have none and the financial managers will literally take a carving knife to anything they fell they need to,, and many innocent people will endure more hardships. Once again, many Detroiters have shown they do not have the intelligence to consider this situation in its wholeness. Bankruptcy is probably the best long term solution for Detroit as it will eliminate the city councils power totally and the influence of many people who have no ability to keep Detroit going. Interesting to see how these groups will react. I am sure that the many business interests who are investing presently are not too happy with the prop 1 result. Detroit is lucky to have these few individuals who are still trying to turn the city around.
Good thoughts.

I can only think that a those opposed to EM laws truly are in denial of the causes for the problems with the City, DPS, Allen Park, and so on. If you believe that the problem is that Wall Street has stolen the money from the middle class, then you can believe that things will get better when this problem is fixed. Steps then such as Obama's re-election are seen as validation that the problem was really the right-wing, pro-business world. This denial fascinates me. It also amuses me that the radicals are defending the status quo here. And the conservatives are trying to take radical steps to save Detroit. The world is sometimes funny.