Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Van View Post
    What's a "fraternal" grandparent?

More to the topic, Uncle Harry's is very good.
    They went to college together, and were in the same Frat?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    They went to college together, and were in the same Frat?
    Excellent.

Have you ever eaten @ Richter's in Dearborn
    pass on richter's. ate there a few months ago, was like a theme restaurant. small bland portions of bland food. like a cracker barrel or something. total waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    With the discussion on here I had to go to Uncle Harry's for lunch. I picked up a menu for those who are interested, nice to know they have not raised their prices since 2009.
    i'll have to stop over there, thanks for the menu.

star deli on 12 + tele is the place for me. i dont like steves deli at 15+tele. breadbasket corned beef is ok - but i dont think its too jewish...

I used to not like Bread Basket, but they've done a real good turn around. Huge sandwiches. Right down from where you can shop for books and music there on Greenfield.
    To vindicate Honky Tonk, earlier car versions were from a Jewish man named Marcus, and there was a man on "That's Incredible!" who could eat a whole car. So, maybe-by extremely disassociatively remote and abstract measure-one could tie cars with delis. Good luck just trying to find a good kosher car to nosh on now a days in Detroit. Oy!

there need to be more such delis in each neighborhood, not just downtown or corktown.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    there need to be more such delis in each neighborhood, not just downtown or corktown.
    In an impoverished city that's over 80% black which the Jews abandoned decades ago?

Don't hold your breath...

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    In an impoverished city that's over 80% black which the Jews abandoned decades ago?

Don't hold your breath...
    it still needs to happen. Someone can start a kosher soul food outlet. Why not?
    Last edited by Hypestyles; January-12-15 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    it still needs to happen. Someone can start a kosher soul food outlet. Why not?
    What can it hurt?

Default Detroit Proper Hygrade Deli n Sy Ginsberg Meats

What can it hurt?
    You know the area of W. Grand Blvd n Michigan Ave is actually listed as SW Detroit where Stuart Litt n his father have had Hygrade Deli for over 60 years a super Jewish family plating up Detroit proper very best Corned Beef supply by Sy Ginsberg meats located just a few blocks away,,,thy be Famous and ship there Meats Nationwide and found in markets nationwide. Hygrade just wrapped up a few scenes from the new Batman vs Superman movie and several new video's made at this iconic Detroit location. Please support Mr Litt by getting what is considered the very best Ruben around the D,,, see there Facebook site and a short video with the history,,,,, ENJOY both links

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hygra...i/283987688145

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=283987688145

Quote Originally Posted by ALPOE View Post
    You know the area of W. Grand Blvd n Michigan Ave is actually listed as SW Detroit where Stuart Litt n his father have had Hygrade Deli for over 60 years a super Jewish family plating up Detroit proper very best Corned Beef supply by Sy Ginsberg meats located just a few blocks away,,,thy be Famous and ship there Meats Nationwide and found in markets nationwide. Hygrade just wrapped up a few scenes from the new Batman vs Superman movie and several new video's made at this iconic Detroit location. Please support Mr Litt by getting what is considered the very best Ruben around the D,,, see there Facebook site and a short video with the history,,,,, ENJOY both links

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hygra...i/283987688145

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=283987688145

I don't have a Facebook login, but if you're talking about Hygrade Deli on MI Ave., East of W. Grand Blvd., open Mon - Fri 6:30 am - 3:00 pm, and Saturdays 7:00 am - 2:00 pm, and home of the absolutely best Ruben sandwiches and breakfasts this side of 8 mile, well, I frequent them often.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3