Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by RO_Resident View Post
    The store opens at noon today. Beer is available after 4.
    It actually opened yesterday. I got a pair of very nice Patagonia corduroys. I regret nothing.

stopped by there today and the place was packed which was a really good sign. the not so good sign was overhearing an employee say that she hadnt sold anything all day. i hope it succeeds, it was great site.

I would love to see Ann Taylor's Loft open a pop up in the same area. Downtown would not be a sucess in the testing area unless a good woman's shop is tested. A good shopping district is one that attract women to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    stopped by there today and the place was packed which was a really good sign. the not so good sign was overhearing an employee say that she hadnt sold anything all day. i hope it succeeds, it was great site.
    Never underestimate the power of free beer to draw a crowd of deadbeats!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I stopped in on Friday to check it out and bought a couple things.
    Had to wait in line behind two other customers, so I would say things picked up a little bit. Hope they do well.

Stopped in Friday before picking up the pooch from K925.

Wife got a winter hat, place was packed, but I couldn't tell how much of it was a sorority tour of downtown D or organic traffic.

Cool to see, though. I typically buy things online, but would pay the premium to support businesses in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Do I really need to explain that?
    Well....yes. I would imagine that the burden of proof for supporting the claim that this business will fail lies squarely with you. It's especially the case when I have my own justification for why I believe it'll be successful.

I was one of those deadbeats ! LOL I went to show my support I went on Friday and Saturday and bought something both days .
    I dropped about $250.00 money well spent . I bought a great Moosejaw jacket, it was a toss up between moosejaw or north face , I went with the Moosejaw jacket because I wanted to support a Michigan company, eventhough it was made in China :-[[ , however the shirt I bought was made in the good ole ,
    USof A !
    I did try to drink $200.00 worth of beer but it didn't work out LOL just kidding .

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post

Dave did you buy one of those jackets on the left when you walk in, on the stand-type thing instead of the wall?

I was looking at the one they had that was black with the grey liner-thing, went about $250 for the jacket and liner.

Wondering what you think if that's what you got.

@ Eber Brock Ward Yep ,yes, you got it ! :-) I bought a moosejaw jacket from the rack you are describing walk in on the left on the stand-type.
    I got the darker blue one ,the one I bought has a hood, the one I got was about $140.00'ish I think , really good quality.
    I also bought a couple of shirts , that's why it came to about $250.00 ouch ! but my birthday is coming up so this is an early present to myself :-)

I had to think about it though, because that was a lot for a jacket , but I thought , the jacket is good quality and I'll have for YEARS :-).

I say go with your instinct ,I say if you can afford it go for it ! You will be happy with your purchase and you may be helping Moosejaw with their decision to open a shop in Downtown ! Also I'd rather give Moosejaw my money than Northface, Northface will do just fine without my money, plus why buy what EVERYONE else is buying ? stand out and stand up for a Michigan company !

If I think its worth it I'll pay it ... Now if I could just afford that Audi A6 :-)
    I can dream :-)
    Last edited by Detroitdave; November-05-12 at 11:58 AM. Reason: edit

Cool, next time they open I just might buy it. My wife has a full-length North Face one that's that same super thin and light -- but super warm -- material, and she loves it because it kept her warm during Chicago winters when she's a native Texan.

My b-day is early December and that just might have to be my present. I'll have to check it out, though, to see if the liner is removable.

@ EBW They will be open this weekend , Friday , Saturday , yeah mine is very thin , no pull out liner , but the liner is thin , but really warm, I broke it in this weekend , some folks asked where I got the jacket .
    This is a great present for yourself, you'll be glad you got it !
    go check it out and let me know what you think !
    enjoy !

I stopped in on Friday around 4 on my way home from work, as well as around 8:30 just before close. It was packed both times and there were multiple people making purchases. Talked to a few employees and they said it was packed all day. Met some travelers that came all the way from Ypsi just to go to MooseJaw. Great to see the traffic it was generating.

I didn't end up buying anything the first day, but I might go back and pick something up. I need a fleece/jacket between spring and winter but wasn't too happy with anything. The Patagonia Better Sweater seemed like an awfully nice article, but I wasn't very comfortable in it.

Stopped by on Saturday – the store was a bit smaller than I expected, but it’s a “pop-up” so that makes sense. The employee that I talked to was cool, and excited to be working Downtown. I didn’t buy anything, but I’ll be back for some Christmas shopping later. On a side note, my downtown wish list includes: Men’s Warehouse, Urban Outfitters, Apple. Also, I still think BD’s Mongolian BBQ would do well downtown.

I love the "Pop up" concept that is happening around the city. It would be nice if the Pistons could play a "Pop up" game at Ford Field for one or two nights. Goras could just rent the stadium from Ford and profit from the ticket sales goes to the Piston club. I would love to see Kobe, James, or Rondo playing dowtown against our team

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3